Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

License Type Does Not Match CNC12 Type

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

I have an older acorn (V2?) that still has the two relays on the actual board used for the outputs. Awhile back I had the beaglebone card go bad so I replaced it using the instruction from the forum here. Everything went as expected so I do not know if that is relevant but the more information the better. Anyways, I noticed this weekend that I did not have access to my offsets except G54 so I knew I was on the Free version. I tried to import my license file back in but got the error in the pic below(Sorry for the glare). I then decided to update the software because I was running 4.50 and saw that 5.06 was the current version. Ran the installation, chose Mill as the install option but still got the same error. Unfortunately this is my hobby and I have to work a real job during the day so I cannot be in front of the control during business hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Screen error.jpg
Centroid_Jacob
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC12: No
CNC11: Yes

Re: License Type Does Not Match CNC12 Type

Post by Centroid_Jacob »

Hi Daniel,

The Acorn system ID is based off the Beaglebone board as well as the Acorn board, when you replaced the beaglebone it changed the system ID shown in the bottom right hand side of the screenshot you attached. You'll need to generate a new Report.zip and email it to diysales@centroidcnc.com to request a new license file because the system ID changed. Please be sure to include that you replaced the Beaglebone in the email.
When requesting support please read this post first.

A fresh report makes it easier to assist you. To make a report check this post
Daniel Vonderheide
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: No

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Will Do! Thank you!
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

On a separate note, you do seem to have uncovered a CNC12 software bug: it should have told you that the system ID in the license file did not match, instead of telling you that the control software type did not match.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

cncsnw wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:56 pm On a separate note, you do seem to have uncovered a CNC12 software bug: it should have told you that the system ID in the license file did not match, instead of telling you that the control software type did not match.
yeah, we had that feature in previous versions of cnc12 and it got stomped on by the new version checking..so now we are adding the hardware check back in to import license file so it does both. thanks for pointing that out. fix will be in v5.08
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html