CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035FF8A7F34-0730203594
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Spindle relay not switching on

Post by dmbgo »

Hi,
I am in the process of setting my King Rich KRV-3000 knee mill up to use Acorn (and have been for some time).
I got back to it after a couple of months delay and moved onto the spindle setup.
I am using an LS600 vfd, which is the same as the one that I have been using sucessfully with Acorn on my lathe. I have the same encoder as the lathe as well, so I've just used the settings for the encoder counts from Acorn CNC12 on the lathe. I have the
LS600 dipper switches in the same places as the one on the lathe as well.
I ran the spindle bench test cnc file and set the output voltages to match what was coming out of the Mill Acorn board. The LS600 VFD is configured to accept a 0-10v analogue signal for speed control.
I wired the VFD as per the Generic VFD wiring on the Acorn_rev4, GENERIC VFD ENABLE-DIRECTION wiring diagram.
The only exception to this is that I couldn't find a "spindle ok" signal coming out of the VFD, so I haven't used this, nor have I used input 5 for the "spindle ok" input.
The upshot of this is that there are no relays turning on and there is no spindle, either with a command such as M3S1000 in the MDI, or when I switch the spindle to manual mode and try to turn the spindle on.
Does the spindle need a "spindle ok" signal before the Acorn board will switch on the relay? If this is the case, which output from the VFD will I use? (I have attached the manual).
LS600-2003-SN1-VFD.pdf
(12.3 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
dmbgo
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035FF8A7F34-0730203594
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Spindle relay not switching on

Post by dmbgo »

I have now answered my own questions. I went and looked at the Acorn setup wizard on the Lathe, and saw that I had input definitions for the "Spindle Ok" input signal setup as a normally open contact on input 5. I also had output definitions for output 4 and output 5 set as spindle forward and spindle reverse. I duplicated these settings on the mill controller and everything started working.