Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

417 abnormal end of job

Post by geckocycles »

I am unable to run any NC except the Center drill OP 910. The file size seems off on the others. I tried copy and paste NC to another new document no luck, same file size. I don't think it is a Acorn issue but thought I would try here too. Seems like 9101 should work.
Fusion file link if that helps. https://a360.co/48nQvCn
9101.nc
no works
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
910.nc
works
(529 Bytes) Downloaded 2 times
cncsnw

Re: 417 abnormal end of job

Post by cncsnw »

The problem is the program number.

"O9101" on line 2 of the program tells the Centroid control that the code which follows, until the next M99, are part of a subprogram that should be extracted and saved for later use (rather than being run immediately). Look up M98 and G65 in the operator's manual.

You should either use a program number that is not in the range 9100 - 9999; or you should name your file, e.g., "O9101.cnc", so that Centroid recognizes that it is already in place as a numbered program. Using a different program number will probably be simpler and more intuitive.

Note that you do not need to have a program number ("Onnnn" code) in your file at all. Centroid does not use program numbers for any purpose except to identify embedded subprograms.
geckocycles
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: 417 abnormal end of job

Post by geckocycles »

cncsnw wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:02 pm The problem is the program number.

"O9101" on line 2 of the program tells the Centroid control that the code which follows, until the next M99, are part of a subprogram that should be extracted and saved for later use (rather than being run immediately). Look up M98 and G65 in the operator's manual.

You should either use a program number that is not in the range 9100 - 9999; or you should name your file, e.g., "O9101.cnc", so that Centroid recognizes that it is already in place as a numbered program. Using a different program number will probably be simpler and more intuitive.

Note that you do not need to have a program number ("Onnnn" code) in your file at all. Centroid does not use program numbers for any purpose except to identify embedded subprograms.
Thanks, I figured out it was the number but wasn't sure why. The post processor puts those numbers in, I just changed to the date to help me. I went back to a smaller number and it worked.