CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: New Build: Another Techno Lathe

Post by tblough »

I suspect that your problems are caused by the 50" per revolution roughing feedrate. You will also run into problems with the 10" per rev finish feedrate. You didn't attach a report but I suspect movement initally stopped because your drive faulted. When reset the control, you didn't re-home the machine which exacerbated the crash.

On an open-loop machine, whenever you have a drive fault or any condition that causes lost steps, you HAVE to re-home the machine. If you do not have index/hard-stop/accurate switch homing, you will also need to re-calibrate your tools.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
dustboy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn-905
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: New Build: Another Techno Lathe

Post by dustboy »

suntravel wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:35 pm with 13" Z how do you get the DRO to +98.8845" ?

Uwe
I don't know, very mysterious indeed. Probably related to the absurd feed rate mentioned below.
tblough wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:23 pm I suspect that your problems are caused by the 50" per revolution roughing feedrate. You will also run into problems with the 10" per rev finish feedrate. You didn't attach a report but I suspect movement initally stopped because your drive faulted. When reset the control, you didn't re-home the machine which exacerbated the crash.
50" per revolution? Oops, my brain was in IPM mode. This is what happens when a router guy starts messing with a lathe. I'll do some homework.
My build: Making a CNC P-to-P boring machine less, uh, boring: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc- ... -axis.html