Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0216041209
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Difference in early acorn boards

Post by lilb93 »

Well it been a while since I was on here, Made it thru the heart attack and then the stroke. Was working on a bridgeport to acorn with dyn 4 drives and servos. Never did get them to work. was wondering about the acorn boards which I bought two when they first came out. are they the same as the ones sold today. did get the wireless pendant and pro software too. I see now they have router software but could not find any videos of it working. Got a chinese router 6090 which is about a 2 by 2 router. it has steppers and mach3 which is a real pain to use. should be a quick and easy conversion to acorn with it. just wondering if and what is the intercon like with the router software. I have v carve pro and aspire both are older versions but no need to up grade till i get used to them again forgot a lot of things.. LOl..
Barnesville, PA.

I always thought it would take longer to grow old.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes

Re: Difference in early acorn boards

Post by cnckeith »

Intercon is the same between mill and router. cnc12 router has a router specific operators control panel with router specific i/o and router specific macros for common router operations related to setup like laser alignment and auto Z to plate.
router with graph.PNG
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

lilb93 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:03 pm Well it been a while since I was on here, Made it thru the heart attack and then the stroke. Was working on a bridgeport to acorn with dyn 4 drives and servos. Never did get them to work. was wondering about the acorn boards which I bought two when they first came out. are they the same as the ones sold today. did get the wireless pendant and pro software too. I see now they have router software but could not find any videos of it working. Got a chinese router 6090 which is about a 2 by 2 router. it has steppers and mach3 which is a real pain to use. should be a quick and easy conversion to acorn with it. just wondering if and what is the intercon like with the router software. I have v carve pro and aspire both are older versions but no need to up grade till i get used to them again forgot a lot of things.. LOl..
I find it odd you say you never got Acorn and DYN4 drives to work...why is that?
Should be no real issues with your router conversion, you could try unplugging the DB25 cable from the original PC Parallel port and plugging it into Acorn and assigning the I/O first....How is the router motor controlled?

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
lilb93
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0216041209

Post by lilb93 »

Thanks Marty, I had a problem with the drives. I ended up sending them back and they updated the software and returned them and at that time I did order there cables also. Then I got sick so everything stopped. I have this router here about the same time and was going to do it when I finished the bridgeport . But I will try my hand at the router first. It has three leadshine 542 drives. and a XHC mach 3 controller card and a huanyang inverter 220 single to 3 phase for the spindle. The spindle is water cooled and going to replace it with an air cooled. will need a computer with windows 10 since it came with an old computer with XP pro. Hopefully it should be an easy conversion. Our Millport 4 axis mill is now 10 years old with the centroid M400 controller and it has never missed a beat yet.
Barnesville, PA.

I always thought it would take longer to grow old.
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

lilb93 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:08 pm Thanks Marty, I had a problem with the drives. I ended up sending them back and they updated the software and returned them and at that time I did order there cables also. Then I got sick so everything stopped. I have this router here about the same time and was going to do it when I finished the bridgeport . But I will try my hand at the router first. It has three leadshine 542 drives. and a XHC mach 3 controller card and a huanyang inverter 220 single to 3 phase for the spindle. The spindle is water cooled and going to replace it with an air cooled. will need a computer with windows 10 since it came with an old computer with XP pro. Hopefully it should be an easy conversion. Our Millport 4 axis mill is now 10 years old with the centroid M400 controller and it has never missed a beat yet.
Sounds good and glad you are better.
We are here if you need anything. Just be sure to post details, pictures, video clip and of course always a fresh report.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ