Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19F23AFF-0213180659
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Using DMM 750W servo as spindle motor

Post by Threedj16 »

Sort of dragging up an older thread here, but just curious why you'll didn't change the OnPosRange setting to prevent the spindle creep? I know of several folks, who once they solved the noise issues in their system, this setting settled out any movement left. It is interesting why this seems to happen with the Acorn board. I'm just swapping my mill over to Acorn, but the UC300 board I've been using for years on the DMM servo spindle never had any creep. But it also acted as an electronic potentiometer versus generating the signal directly, not sure why that should make any difference. Anyway, bringing up this fix in case others run across this thread as hopefully an alternative to using the enable (disable) function. I prefer to only disable the spindle during drawbar release.

BTW Richards, totally agree with you on solving as much as possible via external wiring where possible, outside of the PLC code. Having a custom PLC program on my lathe, it's a total PITA having to change it with each major revision (where you can't bring over the custom PLC). Even having experience in programming, the issue I kept having was when the software guys here made major changes, they always ended up using the same mem locations used in my lathe program with turret control. So I quit upgrading and now many revisions behind. Eh, oh well, one of these days I'll sit down and get it updated.