Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: New DMM Servo install

Post by Raceman17 »

Right i figured that part out with the P. I put all the ZRI inputs on one input "input 2" then changed your code to my input number. I ran the machine and tested it. The machine went to the home switch but did not back off and find the ZRI pulse.
slodat
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by slodat »

Post the homing file..
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

This is the homing file I was using with 3 inputs on the acorn for ZRI.

N100 ;Check for open home switch
IF !#[50000 + #9822] THEN M225 #100 "HomeAll switch tripped!!!\nPlease clear before Homing.\n\nPress Cycle Cancel to end Homing"
IF !#[50000 + #9822] THEN GOTO 100

;Disable all limits
M94 /101 /102 /103 /104

;Perform Homing commands
M92/Z L1 ;move to z+ home switch, back off until clear
M105 /Z P-4 F3 ;Move Z plus at 3ipm until input 4 closes
M26/Z ;set Z home here

M91/Y L1 ;move to Y- home switch, back off until clear
M106 /Y P-3 F3 ;Move Y- at 3ipm until input 3 closes
M26/Y ;set Y home here

M92/X L1 ;move to X+ home switch, back off until clear
M105 /X P-2 F3 ;Move X+ at 3ipm until input 2 closes
M26/X ;set x home here

I then copied your code and changed all the inputs on the homeall to p5 and all the other p to 2 input. I honestly do not know what I'm doing. I was just looking at your code and trying to match up your inputs (u have 3 home inputs and 1 zri) I have 3 switches wired in series to homeall and was trying to get the zris to 1 input as well. Im totally lost!
slodat

Post by slodat »

The reason that doesn't work is you are referring to inputs 2, 3 and 4 on the m105/m106 moves. Make all of the M105/106 moves P-2. I would use a much lower feedrate. I used 0.1.
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

Do I do anything with the homeall inputs? My p5?
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

slodat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:02 pm The reason that doesn't work is you are referring to inputs 2, 3 and 4 on the m105/m106 moves. Make all of the M105/106 moves P-2. I would use a much lower feedrate. I used 0.1.
Thank you for the help and posting your homing code. I worked on it last night and got it working.

Can someone explain this...so after the axis homed and backed off the limit switch I had the feed rate slowed down to like .1 in/min. I was using the plc input screen to see all the red and green dots light up to see when the inputs were triggered. It appeared to me that at a very very slow feed rate the zri input would not trip. The axis would just keep on moving off the switch and not trip the input with the ZRI. It seemed like when I sped the feed rate up to around 2 in/min the program would work even though I couldn't see the inputs change on the plc screen. Is this normal?
I was also able to get the touch probe working. Thanks Marty for posting your videos on YouTube. They definitely have helped!
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Raceman17 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:46 pm
slodat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:02 pm The reason that doesn't work is you are referring to inputs 2, 3 and 4 on the m105/m106 moves. Make all of the M105/106 moves P-2. I would use a much lower feedrate. I used 0.1.
Thank you for the help and posting your homing code. I worked on it last night and got it working.

Can someone explain this...so after the axis homed and backed off the limit switch I had the feed rate slowed down to like .1 in/min. I was using the plc input screen to see all the red and green dots light up to see when the inputs were triggered. It appeared to me that at a very very slow feed rate the zri input would not trip. The axis would just keep on moving off the switch and not trip the input with the ZRI. It seemed like when I sped the feed rate up to around 2 in/min the program would work even though I couldn't see the inputs change on the plc screen. Is this normal?
I was also able to get the touch probe working. Thanks Marty for posting your videos on YouTube. They definitely have helped!
I believe I used 3IPM to hunt for the index pulse when I used it last. It works.
Because you have paralleled your index pulses to one input, each has to back off the marker pulse a given amount so the next axis can trip is my theory. I have not set them up that way before. But if it works....make a report...move on!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

That's exactly what I did! It definitely works are frees up two inputs. I was also able to update the software to the latest revision to use the probe cycles.

So I was just messing around with the probing. It works awesome. Question.. when I probe a part for setup and the program returns the x and y position. What do I do with those numbers? Should I have my tool diameter offset set to zero in the part setup function and just set the x and y positions where the program says? I hope you can understand what im trying to say.
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

Oh how life gets in the the way.. I stepped away from this project several years ago and now I am back at it trying to make it work. Before i left everything seemed to be working with my ZRI homing sequence set to one input (input 2) and with all my home switches being tied in series to input 5.

Today, i went out and tried to connect computer and Acn would not connect. I got the gerneal check heart beat/virus protection popup. I went through all the videos and made sure everything was good with the virus protection ets.. still not conneting. So, I updated softeare to the latest version. I was on version 4. At that point everything connected but all my settings were not carried forward. I called centroid and they said they would not carry forward so I just changed back to the old version and everything was communcationing again. It updated firmware and I could then move the axis and turn on the spindle. The issue comes now with my homing. I will not home correctly from the zri pulse how I had it set up before. The z and X axis will home and find the pulse but after that happens they y axis will just move until itruns into the machine and hard stops and smash the home switch. All home switches are wired in series and you can verify they are working by inout 5 blinking whtn manually reseting the switch. If i change my Y AXIS to a M92 so the machine moves the table to the front of the machine it works how it should. If i switch it back to am M91 the home switch will not stop the machine from moving. So here is my home sequence code:

IF !#[50000 + #9822] THEN M225 #100 "HomeAll switch tripped!!!\nPlease clear before Homing.\n\nPress Cycle Cancel to end Homing"

;Disable all limits
M94 /101 /102 /103 /104

;Perform Homing commands
M105 /Z P-2 F2 ;Move Z- at 2ipm until input 2 closes
M26/Z ;set Z home here

M105 /X P-2 F2 ;Move X- at 2ipm until input 2 closes
M26/X ;set X home here

M105 /Y P-2 F2 ;Move Y- at 2ipm until input 2 closes
M26/Y ;set Y home here

IDK what could be wrong. Any suggestions?
THank you.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Raceman17 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:13 pm Oh how life gets in the the way.. I stepped away from this project several years ago and now I am back at it trying to make it work. Before i left everything seemed to be working with my ZRI homing sequence set to one input (input 2) and with all my home switches being tied in series to input 5.

Today, i went out and tried to connect computer and Acn would not connect. I got the gerneal check heart beat/virus protection popup. I went through all the videos and made sure everything was good with the virus protection ets.. still not conneting. So, I updated softeare to the latest version. I was on version 4. At that point everything connected but all my settings were not carried forward. I called centroid and they said they would not carry forward so I just changed back to the old version and everything was communcationing again. It updated firmware and I could then move the axis and turn on the spindle. The issue comes now with my homing. I will not home correctly from the zri pulse how I had it set up before. The z and X axis will home and find the pulse but after that happens they y axis will just move until itruns into the machine and hard stops and smash the home switch. All home switches are wired in series and you can verify they are working by inout 5 blinking whtn manually reseting the switch. If i change my Y AXIS to a M92 so the machine moves the table to the front of the machine it works how it should. If i switch it back to am M91 the home switch will not stop the machine from moving. So here is my home sequence code:

;Disable all limits
M94 /101 /102 /103 /104

;Perform Homing commands
M105 /Z P-2 F2 ;Move Z- at 2ipm until input 2 closes
M26/Z ;set Z home here

M105 /X P-2 F2 ;Move X- at 2ipm until input 2 closes
M26/X ;set X home here

M105 /Y P-2 F2 ;Move Y- at 2ipm until input 2 closes
M26/Y ;set Y home here

IDK what could be wrong. Any suggestions?
THank you.

So the above IS your original CNCM.HOM file?
I have never used one input for the ZRI inputs. Each axis had their own.
In my mind, you see each axis moves to the mechanical switch, backs off and then watches for the ZRI input (in your case input 2) to close, stops and then sets home at that point. If that is the case, and input 2 is closed after the first axis homes, how is it supposed to see each of the other two axis close if its already closed.

I would think you would see the first axis that homes bump the mechanical switch, back off and then move back slowly until input 2 closes (watch the diagnostic screen during homing) if after the first axis homes and input 2 shows closed, then what I expect should happen is the second and third axis will each hit their limit switch and stop because input 2 is already closed.

Just an observation. Go back and home the machine with the diagnostic screen open so you can watch the input states while homing
Marty

P.S. Take screen shots of EACH wizard screen with the Windows snipping tool. ALSO make a copy of your CNCM directory, call it CNCOLD It will hold your license and home file you can copy back once you upgrade your software....which you really need to do.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ