Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn W/ DMM Servo Spindle Motor on Lathe

Post by DanielCA92563 »

I finally got around to testing my DYN4 spindle motor, I had a similar issue. Grounding all my shielded cables resolved the matter, seems to working fine now. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but my shielded DB25 cable is going to a terminal block (I grounded that shield), from that terminal block I distribute to the reverse relay, 24V, analog ect. My analog cable input running from Acorn to the Terminal block is also grounded. Seems like a bad idea to ground on the centroid end of the terminal block and ground again on the DYN4 end of the terminal block but seems to be working well for me so I'm I'm leaving. I also made sure my low voltage cables were clear of the 240V cable supplying the DYN4. Just a suggestion.

https://youtu.be/u_TfZ1rMYSQ
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Acorn W/ DMM Servo Spindle Motor on Lathe

Post by martyscncgarage »

DanielCA92563 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:45 am I finally got around to testing my DYN4 spindle motor, I had a similar issue. Grounding all my shielded cables resolved the matter, seems to working fine now. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but my shielded DB25 cable is going to a terminal block (I grounded that shield), from that terminal block I distribute to the reverse relay, 24V, analog ect. My analog cable input running from Acorn to the Terminal block is also grounded. Seems like a bad idea to ground on the centroid end of the terminal block and ground again on the DYN4 end of the terminal block but seems to be working well for me so I'm I'm leaving. I also made sure my low voltage cables were clear of the 240V cable supplying the DYN4. Just a suggestion.

Have you gone into the Wizard under spindle and told it you have an encoder and put in the encoder count?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ