Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Who is up and running on CNC12 4.14?

Post by martyscncgarage »

I would like to know who has been successful getting up and running again on CNC12 4.14.
Just a brief reply with what kind of machine. If you had any problems or suggestions in upgrading.

I have the following running under CNC12 4.14:
D&M4/Sherline mill
Emcoturn 120 CNC Lathe
Emcoturn 140 CNC Lathe
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Dave_C
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Who is up and running on CNC12 4.14?

Post by Dave_C »

I would like to know who has been successful getting up and running again on CNC12 4.14.
Just a brief reply with what kind of machine. If you had any problems or suggestions in upgrading.
Ok, I posted on another thread but here goes:

1st upgrade was on the mill, Grizzly G0678 Knee mill, running clearpath servos, version 2 acorn board. Home made touch off probe (conductive) and Dell OptiPlex 990 computer with 16 Gig mem and SSD.

2nd Upgrade was on the Lathe, Grizzly G4003G, closed loop steppers, Version 3 acorn board and same type of Dell computer with the same specs.

The mill uses the screw terminals and the Lathe uses the DB25 terminals. I checked the radio button for clearpath in the wizard for the mill and the leadshine button for the Lathe which then gives me the option to use the "standard" db25 layout or a choice to customize the layout. I used "standard" as that is how the Lathe is wired for step and direction.

I really liked the new wizard! I don't have any custom macros or oddities so it all went really well.

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
jhop28

Post by jhop28 »

I'm up and running with a converted 704 using steppers and vfd spindle and Centroids touchscreen.
I had an issue at start with the wizard not opening but after updating my windows drivers reinstalled the wizard worked but after shut down quit again but does open in file explorer was able to make macros and get all working except wizard inside of cnc12 , really like the upgrades especially the electronic probe functions properly now with mdi . Thankyou to all the unsung hero's that vested there time to make this what it is Keith , Marty, Gary to name a few
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 am...who has been successful getting up and running again on CNC12 4.14.
My ORAC's up & running fine under 4.14. Only problem I recall was a self-induced Pro license install glitch which kept my wireless pendant from working for a bit. Considering the number of changes & new features added, I'm impressed with how quickly it was released after the last update. Great job guys! Oh yeah, I REALLY like the new wizard! :D

Is there any reason why the DB25 mapping page doesn't show up in the lathe menu like it does in the mill install video? No biggie, just curious. I'm still working on my new tool offset probes which run at 5v & it may have helped a little if it was there. I just RTFM'd for a minute & figured it out.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
Dave_C

Post by Dave_C »

I just RTFM'd for a minute & figured it out.
For those who wonder what he figured out:

If you select any of the options, for example clearpath, that does not require a 5vdc signal, then the db25 option is not shown.

If you select say, lead shine that does use 5 vdc for step and direction, then you have the db25 option and the mapping option as well.

Very nice how this was thought out and it should help eliminate some install errors!

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
slodat

Post by slodat »

Up and running on my router with DYN4 servos. Only thing left to sort out is my error checking in my homing file.

I’ve already programmed a couple of the MPG macro buttons. Really liking those!
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

Dave_C wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 pm If you select say, lead shine that does use 5 vdc for step and direction, then you have the db25 option and the mapping option as well
...except that in Lathe setup the DB25 mapping didn't show up even after selecting the Leadshine option for my little DM542 stepper drives. :?:
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

DICKEYBIRD wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Dave_C wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 pm If you select say, lead shine that does use 5 vdc for step and direction, then you have the db25 option and the mapping option as well
...except that in Lathe setup the DB25 mapping didn't show up even after selecting the Leadshine option for my little DM542 stepper drives. :?:
Milton, can you please get a screen shot of that? After I read your post, I went to my bench test machine and installed lathe, I chose Leadshine for the drive, and then I went to DB25 and then selected "ENABLE DB25 CUSTOM PIN MAPPING" and it then showed the pins that are reassignable:
DB25 Mapping.JPG
Could you please double check?
Thanks
Marty
Mesa, AZ
hazrdwind

Post by hazrdwind »

Hey Marty,

Just finished the 4.14 upload on system number 2.
First machine is the 4m x 2m large 3 axis gantry router for Forward Maui LLC. This machine runs 8 hours a day milling surf/windsurf and foil boards out of EPS/PU foam.
This was the second retrofit for me and everything is continuing to work above expectations. The new version is running without a hitch.

The second system is another large axis router, 5m x 2m 3 axis router for Pacific Millworks. This company produces high end custom woodwork.
Again the version update installed as prescribed, no issues.

I will be upgrading Sky's large axis router tomorrow, Duotone(North)kite boards. Sky uses the auto square feature. I expect it to go as well as the others.

Bryan,
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

hazrdwind wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:50 pm Hey Marty,

Just finished the 4.14 upload on system number 2.
First machine is the 4m x 2m large 3 axis gantry router for Forward Maui LLC. This machine runs 8 hours a day milling surf/windsurf and foil boards out of EPS/PU foam.
This was the second retrofit for me and everything is continuing to work above expectations. The new version is running without a hitch.

The second system is another large axis router, 5m x 2m 3 axis router for Pacific Millworks. This company produces high end custom woodwork.
Again the version update installed as prescribed, no issues.

I will be upgrading Sky's large axis router tomorrow, Duotone(North)kite boards. Sky uses the auto square feature. I expect it to go as well as the others.

Bryan,
Great Bryan,
Let us know how the third system goes!
Marty
Mesa, AZ