Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Is "Z REF" variable available?

Post by wellington_tregear »

CNC12 Acorn Pro v4.12: Is the variable that holds the "Z REF" value related to the Tool Offset Library available to read? If so, what # is it? Image attached but from CNC12 Mill Emulator v4.14 on my non-shop computer. I've done a lot of digging but I'm not finding it. Thanks.
zref.PNG
Centroid_Tech

Re: Is "Z REF" variable available?

Post by Centroid_Tech »

It's system variable 24103. That system variable is associated with the Z Reference position with respect to Machine Coordinates. The value that is displayed when you go into the Tool Offset library is that position but with respect to the Work Coordinate System that you are in. The reason I am mentioning that is because I don't know exactly what you are looking to use that system variable for but if you just need to know the physical location of the Z Reference, then you just need to look at the value of 24103. If you are trying to find the value that is shown in the Tool Offset library, then you will need to do some math in order to display that position with respect to the current Work Coordinate System.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..