Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Removing an Acorn from a lathe and installing in a mill <answered>

Post by Roadstercycle »

I had an Acorn CNC Pro lathe setup and now I sold the lathe without the CNC setup and want to put it onto a PM25MV Mill. Is there anything I have to do to the Acorn to have it run on the mill now? Like remove and reinstall Mill firmware or will it do it automatically when I download the new CNC12 mill software?
Roadstercycle
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Re: Removing an Acorn from a lathe and installing in a mill

Post by Roadstercycle »

It seems there is something that has to do with original computer that will not let it run correctly. I hooked up the old computer that used to run it and it runs fine. I bought a new computer with windows 10 with all the correct features, I5 processor, faster threading than needed, touch screen and CNC 12 does not work correctly. No highlighted red corners on fast or slow jog or any other control. If you touch a drive to move it goes continuously until you hit the e-stop. I also get this window pop up. Very weird. Does this mean I should re install original software like it was bricked?
Attachments
IMG_3784.JPG
Dave_C

Post by Dave_C »

There are two version of CNC 12, one is for a mill and one is for a lathe. You will need to remove the lathe setup and install the mill setup. Once that is done you can rerun the wizard for the mill setup.

IF it were me, I'd uninstall the entire software and start from scratch!

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
Roadstercycle

Post by Roadstercycle »

Thank you for that. The problem I finally discovered was the wpcap.ddl file missing. I had tried uninstalling everything a few times and reinstalling clean. After I found the wpcap.ddl file on the internet it was less than a second to install and everything works great. Somehow along the way it got corrupted. It's actually what makes the on screen control work and everything is lighting up and working great.