Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Acorn control panel issues

Post by spindle Nerd »

I am having some weird issue's that i can not get around , problems with control panel not working but working from usb pendant .
1. spindle speed will not go up and down if in manual mode ,but will work on pendant and also it will not allow spindle to shut down, sporadic.
2. Axis continues to jog even though you have released the button, sporadic .
3. On startup i get a command prompt screen a black one that is pinging the ip address of the pc , not sure if this is supposed to happen?
4.I get a problem when homing at startup sometimes saying there is a open home switch ,even though there is not one , checked and verified ,if i close
out Acorn and reload it it goes away, sporadic .
There seems to be some kind of problem with the virtual control panel on the right side of the screen, like it is being interfered with by windows.

I followed all the protocols for windows on the last update of Acorn ,but this thing is freakin dangerous and i am afraid to use it!

I am using a intel NUk suggested by Centroid a touch screen a usb pendant also from centroid ,if the control panel stops working i can still operate from the pendant ,this is the Lathe control .
Attachments
report_38D2693E2A03-0110180494_2018-06-18_08-38-48.zip
(216.63 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
spindle Nerd
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Acorn control panel issues

Post by spindle Nerd »

Thanks for the support Centroid !
Crosshatch
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269931CF1-0307180710

Post by Crosshatch »

spindle Nerd wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:32 pm Thanks for the support Centroid !
What was the issue? Because my machine ALSO continues to jog when I use the touch panel even though the button was released. Seems more dependable on the pendant.

Regards,

-Jason
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Sorry for the delayed response as I had to speak with our engineers to figure out what your issues may be related to.

1- Not exactly sure what you mean. Please clarify. Are you stating that when the spindle is in manual mode, that the + and - buttons on the spindle section of the virtual control panel, VCP, do not work? Are you stating that the spindle speed does change when you are using the wireless MPG? There isn't any logic in the PLC program that would prevent the spindle buttons on the VCP from working. What about when the spindle is in automatic mode? Are you still able to push the spindle buttons on the VCP and have the spindle speed affected? What if you press ALT+J and used the keyboard shortcut keys to adjust the spindle speed?

2- That sounds more like an issue with the touchscreen. What happens if you try using the keyboard shortcut keys after pressing ALT+J for keyboard jogging? Do you see that same phenomenon?

3- That is normal. Due to how fast newer PCs can come alive, we ping those IP addresses to waste some time in order to give our hardware enough time to get ready before the CNC software starts looking for the hardware.

4- If you are referring to the "Home Switch Tripped!!! Please Clear Before Homing Press Cycle Cancel To End Homing" message then that message means that the CNC12 software believes that one of your switches is tripped. At the main screen press ALT+I to bring up the PLC Diagnostic window. You will see 4 rows of red and green circles. The top row are your inputs. Based on your report, inputs 1 and 2 are your axis home/limit inputs. Verify that they are green. If one of them is red, then that is what is causing that message. It could be an issue with the switch or the cabling.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..