Tool Library Offset -< Answered>

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Centroid_Tech

Re: Tool Library Offset

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Do you have internet access at the control? If so, please email support@centroidcnc.com with your TeamViewer ID and password along with a phone number to be able to reach you so that we can figure out what's going on.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Crosshatch
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269931CF1-0307180710
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Crosshatch »

Centroid_Tech wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 pm Do you have internet access at the control? If so, please email support@centroidcnc.com with your TeamViewer ID and password along with a phone number to be able to reach you so that we can figure out what's going on.
Thank you Centroid. Unfortunately I will be out of town till Monday. I do not have support for internet at the machine but I can make it happen.

I will provide you the information and we will figure it out, thank you for everything thus far.

I feel like I am so close, everything seems to make sense and in theory should work. Hopefully we can chat on Monday!

I will be posting on the forums if I think of something or someone else chimes in, so please do post if you have a suggestion or comment.

Regards,

Jason
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

I just realized something. I incorrectly had you set the wrong value for parameter 3. Bit 1 of that parameter is used to set the Z Reference to the Z home position. I incorrectly told you to set that parameter to 1 but bit 1 yields a value of 2. If you set parameter 3 to 2, you will see Z Ref set to FIXED HOME.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Crosshatch

Post by Crosshatch »

Centroid_Tech wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:06 pm I just realized something. I incorrectly had you set the wrong value for parameter 3. Bit 1 of that parameter is used to set the Z Reference to the Z home position. I incorrectly told you to set that parameter to 1 but bit 1 yields a value of 2. If you set parameter 3 to 2, you will see Z Ref set to FIXED HOME.
Ok, this makes me happy and eager to test! I will try this out Monday unfortunately.

So once I set parameter 3 to 2, I wouldn't need to do the Z ref step in the Tool Offset F1 setting correct? I could simply just measure my tools down to the 123 block and see if that works?

Thank you. Now I'm eager 😁

Jason
ScotY
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: No

Post by ScotY »

So I went ahead and set the spindle nose as Z Ref and set up a couple of tools based on this...both have positive values. All seems to be normal, more or less.

I’m having trouble, though, with the proper tool height offsets when doing a simple part designed in Fusion 360. I don’t have a tool library set up in Fusion yet. What seems to be happening is, between the Centroid software and Fusion, it wants to see the same (matching) tool numbers. Is it necessary for your tools in Fusion to match your tools in CNC12? In other words, if the Fusion program calls for tool #1, CNC12 will use the offset for tool #1 regardless? Is that how it works?
Crosshatch

Post by Crosshatch »

ScotY wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:54 pm So I went ahead and set the spindle nose as Z Ref and set up a couple of tools based on this...both have positive values. All seems to be normal, more or less.

I’m having trouble, though, with the proper tool height offsets when doing a simple part designed in Fusion 360. I don’t have a tool library set up in Fusion yet. What seems to be happening is, between the Centroid software and Fusion, it wants to see the same (matching) tool numbers. Is it necessary for your tools in Fusion to match your tools in CNC12? In other words, if the Fusion program calls for tool #1, CNC12 will use the offset for tool #1 regardless? Is that how it works?
They should technically be the same, but that's simply based on a safety factor on what you think your clearance is vs matching tool + holder dimemsions to reality. Otherwise, in Mach3...I never set a Z-ref, only measured tools on the granite plate and Inserted positive tool length values.

The Code called out, TX (X being "5") G43 H5 M6

The controller uses the controller software offsets for H5; not Fusion or SW. Though, certain things can be tweaked so that CAM overrides the controller.

This is how I expect it to work, but I certainly see other viable methods for tool offsets.

Do you have it working?

Regards,

Jason
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Yeah, it’s working but I had some trouble with tool heights and/or setting part zero for Z. I used tool 1 (flycutter) to set the Z part zero and it worked fine. Then it asked for the next tool. That tool was tool 2 in CNC12 but it was another number in the code, i.e. it said load tool 3 (Fusion’s tool 3, I guess). It was gonna crash so I stopped it, messed around, and finally got it working so test part worked (except for some CAM programming issues due to operator error :lol: ). Problem is, like usual, I’m not entirely sure what I did wrong or what fixed it. I need to organize my tools...that might help reduce confusion for me.
Bob Huntbach
CNC Control System Serial Number: System ID 985DAD489F1F-0823170094

Post by Bob Huntbach »

It may be worth checking that you do not have the Preload tool option set to yes in the Fusion post processor as I have had similar problems with this.
It seems to be indicating the next tool after.
Regards Bob.
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Thanks, Bob, I’ll take a look at that. I believe it is currently on by default.
Crosshatch

Post by Crosshatch »

Centroid_Tech wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:06 pm I just realized something. I incorrectly had you set the wrong value for parameter 3. Bit 1 of that parameter is used to set the Z Reference to the Z home position. I incorrectly told you to set that parameter to 1 but bit 1 yields a value of 2. If you set parameter 3 to 2, you will see Z Ref set to FIXED HOME.
Just got back in town. Changed Parameter 3 to "2" and restarted CNC12.

Checked Z-ref and it now says "Fixed Home"

Homed the machine, set the WCS #1 with the Z-axis set to zero (roughly - 3.5" from Z home) followed by Cycle Start, machine went home to Zero for toolchange...second Cycle Start to execute program and.... the infamous "907"

I'll be ordering a wifi adapter as to get some support at the machine.

Am I missing a wrong G-code on my safety block of my posted Gcode that is resetting or ignoring something on the machine?

Regards,

Jason