Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: c8fd19c8198d-0522180927
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Thermwood C53 5x10 Retrofit

Post by bphillip2 »

Wizard is set to reverse and pair axis 4 to axis 1 (X axis) but it does not properly set parameter 64 so I changed it to 1 pairing N (4th) axis to X (1st).
All axis jog in the correct directions and X is paired properly.
ConfigMotor.PNG
The mill software shows the pairing per Manual page 14-5
"Special function indicators: These appear, if present, between the axis number and the label. ‘s’ – indicates the axis is the spindle, ‘p$’ – axis is paired with axis ‘$’, ‘*’ – pairing conflict. See Machine Parameters for more information on setting up special functions."

Currently the "RESET HOME" button does basic homing correctly.

How should cnckeith's file cncm.hom above be installed?
Do I just overwrite my current C:/cncm/cncm.hom with it?

Thank You
report_C8FD19C8198D-0522180927_2018-06-26_11-23-00.zip
(201.49 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Bryan
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

The ACORN software isn't using parameter 64 for that axis pairing feature. Are you stating that the system wasn't working originally and that by setting parameter 64 then it started working? Or are you just assuming that the settings in the Wizard should have set parameter 64 accordingly and because it didn't, you manually set that parameter?

All you have to do is copy that cncm.hom into your c:\cncm directory and overwrite the existing file.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
bphillip2
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by bphillip2 »

When we replace the cncm.hom file with the slave homing update version our machine changes the pairing from both x motor paired(axis 1 and 4) to an X motor and the Y motor.

When we don't try to install the updated homing file all was good.

A new more pressing issue occurred yesterday though. During a wizard change and writing to acorn the wizard stopped suddenly and disappeared, bricking the board. It was straight forward enough to fix that though, heat beat restored. Now we cannot get network connectivity, windows says that the cable is disconnected. Swapping with the other network adapter(internet) shows the second network adapter is working fine. I've confirmed the firewall is off. Tried another cable too.
Bryan
bphillip2

Post by bphillip2 »

Further tests on the network connection to the computer reveal that the green light on the beaglebone is on. With different computers and different network interfaces I've been unable to get any network activity or lights on the computer end of the cable. I have tested the cable and the network interfaces by connecting to the internet or using the cable elsewhere. I'm beginning to think the original problem with the loss of communication and corruption of the beagle bone firmware was due to a failure of the NIC on the beaglebone itself.
Bryan
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No

Post by tblough »

There is a known problem with the Beagle Bone boards (both black and green) with the Texas Instrument's Ethernet PHY chip. A significant portion of the time, the PHY does not initialize on startup and the BBB (or BBG) must be re-started.

More information is available here: https://wp.josh.com/2018/06/04/a-softwa ... phy-issue/
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
kentonsj
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2694DE4D2-0423180849
CNC11: No

Post by kentonsj »

Have other Acorn users experienced Ethernet connection issues? Is Centroid aware of connection issues with the BBG and the Ethernet Chip? I have only got as far as a bench testing with mine and it has worked each time I've powered it up. From reading the linked article on the BBB workaround, it sounds like cycling the power will eventually get the Ethernet chip communicating again.
bphillip2

Post by bphillip2 »

Oh my. I certainly hope Centroid was aware and did one of the suggested hardware fixes on the Acorn "cape". So far I must have restarted(all power off) the board a dozen time trying things with no luck. So far the only suggestion I've gotten from paid support is to try pinging the acorn.
Thank you tblough for the depressing link ;) Considering the BBG is powered by the header pins that makes for a worst case scenario(16% no LAN on boot).
Bryan
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

On the newer hardware I have not had connectivity issues.

Can't understand what you did in the Wizard to "brick" your Acorn.
If the blue heartbeat led is blinking at one blink per second it is not bricked.

Take screen shots of your settings, take a report to USB memory stick, uninstall and reinstall the software.
Make sure no anti virus software is running first.

Hope you figure out what's going on...or can find someone to help you.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
bphillip2

Post by bphillip2 »

I fixed the bricked condition with ease following the video, heartbeat was restored before the LAN issue arose. I'm not sure why the wizard just closed during the writing either. My hand was not even on the mouse.

The issue was not a software problem, the LAN port was just plain broke! Even before you logged into Windows you could see the LAN lights were not active. On the BBG the ONLY LAN light was a steady, but dim green.

I went onto a site called Amazon and bought a new BBG for a test, LAN issue fixed. Of course now my Pro license does not load.... they are fixing that for me.

With this side trip fixed we can get back to fixing the initial issue, slave axis homing.
Bryan