Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

How to set distance probe move off surface after probing

Post by Fredsan »

When using a probe for part setup, I want the probe to move off the surface after a successful probe. The probe first does a fast probe, backs off 1mm and does a successful slow probe. I press F10 to accept the probed value. This all works, but after the slow probe the probe does not moves off from the surface.

I use a simple mechanical non-conductive probe. Connected to input-7 and COM.

I configured parameter 13 for the 1mm backing off between fast and slow probe, but I can't find the parameter to back off after the slow probe.
Attachments
report_985DAD4887E3-0926170107_2018-03-30_21-36-25.zip
(164.61 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Centroid_Tech

Re: How to set distance probe move off surface after probing

Post by Centroid_Tech »

The Centroid software has the probe sit on the part after performing the Part0 cycle so that the operator doesn't accidentally jog the probe into the part. there isn't a parameter that you can set that would adjust that as that is built into the software.

in general, if you want full use of the Centroid CANNED menu driven probing and digitizing cycles you need the Digitizing Bundle.

alternatively if you want a probing cycle to do something else different than the Canned menu driven cycles or if you don't want to pay for the Digitizing Bundle the user is welcome to simply write their own macro to command and instructions the probes to do what ever they like! this capability is included with all versions of CNC12

fyi.. starting on page 13-12 of the mill operator manual shows the M codes to write you own probing routines.

http://www.centroidcnc.com/downloads/ce ... manual.pdf

Example: Finding the center of a vertical slot. In this example, it is assumed that there is a probe connected to INP15 and that the probe tip is positioned somewhere in the slot, such that movement along the X-axis will cause a probe trigger.
M115/X P-15 F20 ; Move X minus at 20 ipm until probe trip
M116/X P15 F5 ; Move X plus at 5 ipm until probe clears #100 = #5041 ; Record the point in user variable #100
M116/X P-15 F20 ; Move X plus at 20 ipm until probe trip
M115/X P15 F5 ; Move X minus at 5 ipm until probe clears X[[#100+#5041]/2] ; Move X to center of slot
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Fredsan
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: How to set distance probe move off surface after probing

Post by Fredsan »

I do have the Digitizing Bundle, so I will further test the available probing options. I will only create my own routines incase it is really necessary.

Thanks for the clear answer.