Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Modifying HOM, other Macros and Inputs

Post by mael »

Hey guys, i am not at all knowledgeable with programming so forgive me for my cluelessness.

I am a little familiar with macros from mach3 (migrating from mach3) and i have done simple modifications to suit my need then like changing/adding a few parameters.

Now my question is if the programming language for cnc12 the same for mach3? Like logic and codes?

Since i have no idea right now how the compiler works (when you say complile using command prompt), i was thinking if i can use the debug tool in mach3 to check if there are any errors then load it cnc12.

What code to use to activate certain outputs from the PLC?

How to put an external switch for “cycle start”? I know that it will be in the input but how to make cnc12 read the input as cycle start.

This is more of an opinionated question, do you think its worth putting an external stop button? If i will be using an estop same as the provided schematics then wouldnt an external stop button be redundant?

Thanks guys
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes

Re: Modifying HOM, other Macros and Inputs

Post by Gary Campbell »

mael...
I am a few weeks ahead of you as a "new to Centroid control" user. I am familiar with Mach, ShopBot, UCCNC and WinCNC and have written macros for all but Mach and UCCNC, which are similar to each other.

I believe that once you look over the macro language you will find that it is more intuitive and easier than Mach, that said, all of the actions (and more) are pretty close to the same, but there may be little exact crossover. IMO, and I have looked, there will be little that you have to add from what is provided. Like me, you may want to tweak a few things, but those have been relatively easy, with a couple of exceptions (for me) that I asked for a bit of help here on the forum and received it.

Your questions:
Language is different. Logic is the same and better. Codes are both the same and different.

You will find little or no benefit from using Mach to debug anything related to Centroid control

M94/M95/ will toggle an output on/off

I believe that adding an external switch (using an input) for cycle start will require PLC programming, not macro changes, but I could be wrong
When you say that you will be using an "estop same as the schematics", I would propose that the schemtics show an external stop switch, of course you would want one.

I have helped convert lots of Mach and ShopBot users over to WinCNC and now Centroid. None have asked to go back. Most are very happy with the lack of "workarounds" and "glitches" or "kludges" that are so prevalent in those hobby grade controls. Like you most were concerned that they would not be able to have their machine perform they way they wanted/needed it to. The reality is that those lower grade controllers have incomplete (for the most part) copies of the functions and features that are available in these higher end controllers.

Rest assured, you will be able to do what you wish, and if you pay attention and spend a little time to learn, much more! You will be as impressed with Centroid control as I am.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

mael wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:39 amHow to put an external switch for “cycle start”?
An external push button cycle start (and many other actions) without using an input can be done with a USB device such as X-Keys or others: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1026&p=8331&hilit=xkeys#p4878 I use a Genovation CP24 which is a bit cheaper & requires a little more fiddling around: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1322&p=7509&hilit=genovation#p7509
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
mael
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by mael »

Thanks guys.

I have no doubt that CNC12 is much more superior.
I just have to get used to the interface and the operations.
I'm still scratching my head on how to go about with the settings and all especially on the coding.

I'm still quite new in the CNC world and hope to learn more.

Cheers!
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes

Post by Gary Campbell »

If you have a question about a particular macro, post it. There are guys here willing to help
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos