Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Question for acceptable wiring choice

Post by mikes »

The cable I picked up was BELDEN 29500 VFD Cable 16/4 16AWG. It is a monster cable. I was surprised at how thick it is. It is speced out specifically for VFD use, and has both mylar foil and braided copper shielding. If you look on ebay you can find some listings.
Last edited by mikes on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cncman172
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DAD429EE9-0926170118
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Question for acceptable wiring choice

Post by cncman172 »

For the control cable using Shielded Ethernet cable will work. When I said double up the analog ground and analog out what I mean is there are 8 wires in the Ethernet cable. Use two wires for analog ground and two for analog out, this allow more current to flow, the other four wires will be used for Forward, Reverse, Digital common, etc.

The Belden cable will work great. Ground the shield at VFD ground contact along with ground conductor. The shield should be connected to spindle body at other end. Make sure the ground conductor in Belden cable is attached to ground terminal on spindle. If there is no ground terminal on spindle ensure you attach to spindle body typically using the spindle mount. Alway double check that spindle body is grounded using an ohm meter. Some spindles have four pin connectors but ground pin is not connected to spindle body.

Russ