Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Analog 0-10 volt staying at .6 volts when should be zero - RESOLVED

Post by spindle Nerd »

Ok. The Acorn is not commanding any voltage. It sounds as the the voltage level is floating due to the Dyn4 connection. With it disconnected is it 0?(or very nearly - testing here we were at 15mv)

Are you using shielded, twisted pair wiring? What gauge? How long is the run? Is it run along side any other wiring?
The last voltage i gave you was the disconnected voltage .185 vdc, the run is about 4 inches 18 gauge wire twisted pair to a DB 25 B/O board and then DB 25 to servo drive on a 4 foot factory made DB 25 cable.
spindle Nerd
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Post by spindle Nerd »

I was reading another post from a industrial forum ,and they said to hook a 35 volt 1000 uf capacitor on the 0 to 10 volt line to decouple the the noise on the circuit.
spindle Nerd

Post by spindle Nerd »

After doing some further testing ,you can not use a relay to try and control the spindle fwd on the dyn 4 drive because if you disconnect the analog circuit by a relay you get servo runaway.

I believe we are sunk as Clay said until Dmm Tech sends the new drives out and hopefully they have fully tested the drive with Acorn as i am sure they have before embarking on a exchange program .

I will follow up in this thread when we get a new drive with different parameters and let you know if it has been fixed or not ,so either were ok to go forward with there drive as a spindle or abandon the project.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

The relay should be used to explicitly enable/inhibit/disable the drive, not switch the analog. Good practice dictates that all axes and spindle drives be controlled by an explicit enable. ie.. Whether or not there is voltage present on the speed/torque reference should have no effect unless there is an explicit enable/Fwd/Rev signal also being commanded and present.
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Post by Gary Campbell »

Scott...
When I power on my system power is sent to the Acorn power supply (5/24vdc meanwell) with the 5v power run thru the NO contacts on the VFD contactor. I have my VFD and Drives power supply on separate contactors that are set to "NoFault Out". Is there a way to have one of the outputs have a couple second delay? IOW start one, pause then start the other?
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
spindle Nerd

Post by spindle Nerd »

Ok fellow's, we have some new parameters to try from DMM tech please read the following from them

Hello Dusty, please find attached notice on the new firmware revisions for the DYN4 servo drive.

In regards to the issue you are having now, please see point 2 and 3. Basically, you need to set the OnPosRange and MaxSpeed parameters so that the analog input deadzone (drive does not respond to input) lies within the 0.6V offset from the Acorn.

Since the Acorn leaves a 0.6V at the analog output, set the OnPosRange parameter to 1 to set the dead zone center value to -253mV, or 0.253mV. Then set MaxSpeed to 127 to set the deadzone width to 506mV. With these two parameters set this way, the analog input will ignore any signals between -759mV and 253mV.

Apologies for the confusion with the parameter names as some of the parameters are re-used depending on the control mode. These two parameters will be given new names when officially released next week.

Going forward, we will be exchanging your drives for this new drive with this updated firmware. I noticed you placed an order for some cables and I can have this drive shipped together with these cables.

On the forums, please mention that this firmware update will need the drive to be exchanged so please let the other users know that they can contact us anytime and we can get the drives exchanged with the updated firmware for them.

Regards,
spindle Nerd

Post by spindle Nerd »

Here is the new set of parameters for the new drive they will be exchanging out to ,see attached file below.
Attachments
DYN4 Servo Drive Firmware Release Notes Nov 22, 2017.pdf
(164.26 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
ScotY
CNC11: No

Re: Analog 0-10 volt staying at .6 volts when should be zero for spindle

Post by ScotY »

Hmmm...I wonder what firmware I’ve got. How long ago did you order your Dyn4?