Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ***DMM TECHNOLOGIES DYN4 USERS PLEASE READ***

Post by spindle Nerd »

I"m about to walk out to my machine, change the parameter as per eng199 and report back if the alarm starts working.
I am just getting up and running ,i have have not changed any parameters yet and i left the alarm unhooked until i could get some verification on what to do .

Could you explain how to do the parameter change , for the Alarm if it works correctly as it should .

I ordered parts for your way with the Mosfet and for the board Marty's way i will decide later once i get everything dialed in and working with the normal limits .

Thank you Reedfirst for the help
Reedfirst
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: No

Post by Reedfirst »

spindle Nerd wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:29 pm
I"m about to walk out to my machine, change the parameter as per eng199 and report back if the alarm starts working.
I am just getting up and running ,i have have not changed any parameters yet and i left the alarm unhooked until i could get some verification on what to do .

Could you explain how to do the parameter change , for the Alarm if it works correctly as it should .

I ordered parts for your way with the Mosfet and for the board Marty's way i will decide later once i get everything dialed in and working with the normal limits .

Thank you Reedfirst for the help

Sure,

To change parameter 991 from 1000 to 1 just follow the following steps.

From The main Screen in CNC12 press;

F3 to enter "SETUP

F3 again to enter "CONFIG"

F3 again to enter "PARMS" (I don't know why but I always say Chicken PARMS in my head when I press this button) :lol:

When you enter the "PARMS" screen you will notice that the parameters start at 000.

Press F8 for "NEXT TABLE" untill you find parameter number 991.

Next to 991 you will see it's value of 1000. Change this to a 1 then hit F10 "SAVE" and exit out.

That's it.

I have my dyn4 drives wires to the latest Acorn Schematic. Which has the Alarm pin #18 from the DYN4 drive out going to input 5 on the Acorn board.

I have a few other Parameters changed on my machine and I write down which ones I've changed and their values. That way when CNC12 gets updated it's easy for me to enter "PARMS" after the update and reconfigure things how I need them.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

*** UPDATE 1/29/18 ***

Yes, I tested the Parameter 991 solution and it works. However, be aware that if you make this change, and then use the Wizard to make other changes, the parameter will likely be overwritten and you'll have to go back and change it. A software update with a permanent fix for this issue specifically for DYN Drives will be in the works. The value of 1 may not be the most optimal either. So any tinkering around you do, is at your own risk.

The board I built while it works was called into question by Centroid Engineers. While it works, long term it still may damage the encoder or simply stop working. It could be improved. BUT as I mentioned I have also been working with DMM Technologies on the issue. They are hoping to make the Z reference output avialable on a spare pin, eliminating the need for any external circuitry. This is a good thing. The flip side of this is that their firmware in the drives is not user upgradeable and would likely have to be sent back to DMM for the software upgrade. This is the best solution however if you want this feature.

I deleted the references to the external circuitry in this thread. Because whatever I do, whatever I suggest, I want to give good factual information. The good thing is that BOTH Centroid and DMM responded quickly and both offered up a solution. That's refreshing to see.

So, I will be doing some more testing with these fixes and let you all know how it goes.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
spindle Nerd

Post by spindle Nerd »

I deleted the references to the external circuitry in this thread. Because whatever I do, whatever I suggest, I want to give good factual information. The good thing is that BOTH Centroid and DMM responded quickly and both offered up a solution. That's refreshing to see.
Ok i got it, i will for now leave it alone until there is a permanent fix for the motor homing feature, i will change the parameter for the Alarm wires and keep a separate file for it .

Until we get a up date from Centroid for the Acorn ,it would have been nice to have that Motor axis homing ,i will have to rethink my home switches at this point . :D

Thanks Marty
Reedfirst

Post by Reedfirst »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:46 pm *** UPDATE 1/29/18 ***

Yes, I tested the Parameter 991 solution and it works. However, be aware that if you make this change, and then use the Wizard to make other changes, the parameter will likely be overwritten and you'll have to go back and change it. A software update with a permanent fix for this issue specifically for DYN Drives will be in the works. The value of 1 may not be the most optimal either. So any tinkering around you do, is at your own risk.

The board I built while it works was called into question by Centroid Engineers. While it works, long term it still may damage the encoder or simply stop working. It could be improved. BUT as I mentioned I have also been working with DMM Technologies on the issue. They are hoping to make the Z reference output avialable on a spare pin, eliminating the need for any external circuitry. This is a good thing. The flip side of this is that their firmware in the drives is not user upgradeable and would likely have to be sent back to DMM for the software upgrade. This is the best solution however if you want this feature.

So, I will be doing some more testing with these fixes and let you all know how it goes.
Marty

Please clarify.

I was under the impression that user eng199 who suggested to change parameter 991 from 1000 to 1 is affiliated with Centroid.
martyscncgarage

Reedfirst wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:15 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:46 pm *** UPDATE 1/29/18 ***

Marty

Please clarify.

I was under the impression that user eng199 who suggested to change parameter 991 from 1000 to 1 is affiliated with Centroid.
He is. :)
Whether or not the value remains at 1 is the question. Certainly has to be faster than the fault signal.
Mesa, AZ
eng199
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by eng199 »

Please clarify.

Yes, I am. The parameter is the filter time in milliseconds. I am not sure why Marty questions a setting of 1ms.
martyscncgarage

Update on Dyn4 Zero reference output.
DMM Technologies provided me a drive to evaluate with the new ZRI output today. It connects directly to Acorn inputs without the need of any external electronics in between.
Test today was successful. I am awaiting two more drives and the back ordered NEMA 34 motors that should be here later this week.

DMM is to be commended for incorporating the Zero Reference feature in Dyn4 as they had in Dyn2. Very useful for homing machines accurately to a marker pulse from the drive.

The final Acorn schematic for DMM Dyn4 will be able to be completed soon.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
Reedfirst

Post by Reedfirst »

Sweet!

Will existing dyn4 drives be able to use this feature without external electronics or will they have to be sent back?
martyscncgarage

Unfortunately, I believe they have to go back.
Give me to the end of the week to finish testing and I will inquire and post here.
Mesa, AZ