Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Leadshine Servo Driver

Post by Commotion »

My new servo and driver arrived for the Z axis. I plugged the motor straight into the existing ACS806 driver installed in the cabinet but it made a horrible noise so i disconnected it. I plugged in the new driver figuring it may already be setup for the motor. It didn't respond when connected to the acorn so i followed the leadshine tuning software manual to set it up. It all worked as per the manual and i didnt have any issues or behaviors contrary to the diagrams in the manual. it would apply the trapezoidal move commands and the spindle head would raise and lower as expected. My problem is once i connected it back to the acorn it behaves incorrectly. When i give a momentary move command on the VCP the z just creeps down at approx 300rpm without stopping. i have to hit the estop to remove the enable signal to the drive for it to stop. It doesnt matter if i hit + or - it always moves the same way. I am almost positive it is not a problem of the acorn or my wiring as i pulled the Y signal cable from the properly working drive and plugged into the new drive and it still had the same response. I think it must be something to do with the settings in the drive.

So my question from the Acorn gurus is can you you check my drive configuration. the drive had a default of 2 poles and the motor wouldnt move it just kept flagging position error. I changed it to 4 poles and the drive then worked (this is in leadshine tuning software). it had encored line(*4) of 4000 which is correct. some of the operating modes were different. i tried it as per default with acorn and it didnt work. I also change the options to match the manual as shown below and still behaved the same.
leadshine.PNG
Tuning manual.
http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/Dow ... V0.0.0.pdf

On a side note; this new motor, although slightly shorter, had much more holding torque than the other 2 older motors i have. im not sure if thats the drives or motors themselves but with the 24T pulley on the new motor i can hardly rotate it by hand at all. The old motors i can get about 10°. it sounds very sharp and crisp and the others feel a bit lazy. I might end up replacing the other two if i can sort this issue out.
Commotion
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Leadshine Servo Driver

Post by Commotion »

An update. While researching a solution I came across some information which helped me figure out how to use the v1.0 tuning software to modify the parameters in the old drive. I was able to change the encoder count value and get the new motor working with the old drive. Connect it to acorn and it works. Still haven’t figured out why the new drive won’t work but not such a concern now that I got it working with the old drive. The only problem with the v1.0 software is I don’t see how to adjust the low speed gain as the new motor with the old drive is now weak like the other motors where when connected to the new drive it was rock solid. I’ll keep playing but at least I have motion on all 3 axis now.