CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: "No Connection to Acorn Discovered" Error

Post by Gary Campbell »

CJ...
No apology required. I would wire up a single drive as per your posted schematic and test it. There may be something that happens in the drive when powered up that the Acorn board does not like. This means that either the drives may need to be powered after the BBG boots, or as in my scenario, the signal power was not active until after successful boot.

It may be something with the 5v power supply also. Can you post which one you were using?

In any case, post your actions and the results in the hopes that a verified schematic can be generated. I have another build with Leadshine DMA-860H drives coming up next week. Unless we find a solution I will send the schematic and list of issues into Leadshine engineering to see if they have any ideas. They have been most helpful in the past.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Krenovian
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Krenovian »

Gary,

It will be a few days until I have a block of time to work on the mill and the connections to the Acorn board. I'll post an update once I've had a chance to get back to the mill.

My electrical cabinet has two rocker switches. One starts up the power supplies and energizes the Acorn board, relays, lights, fans, etc. The other switch powers up the drivers and the spindle motor VFD. Because the problem with the BBG will occur whether the Leadshine drives are on or offline, I don't think they are a factor, at least in my setup but I haven't ruled that out yet.

I suspect the source of the problem may be the 5 VDC power supply and/or how/where the 5 VDC common is connected to the Acorn. I'm using a dual voltage ATX power supply for 5 VDC. I have some testing to do but I could wire it to turn on with the drives. I always turn on the drives after everything else is powered up. This would allow the BBG to boot up first. I'm not sure this will solve the problem though as I did have one instance where the BBG dropped out after it had been running for about 40 minutes. More testing to be done. I'll post what I find.

CJ
Krenovian

Post by Krenovian »

I've had a chance to do some testing on my system and am going to report the findings in a new thread as the title of this thread does't point to what is going on. I'd like for others with similar problems to be able to find the information more readily.

CJ
mntlvr
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2695C831F-1228170419

"No Connection to Acorn Discovered" Error

Post by mntlvr »

Hi Folks. I'm having a problem communicating with my acorn board. I have a Samsung Series 7 Notebook running Windows 10 Home edition.
I installed the Acorn 4.1 software for my mill . Now my computer has 8 GB memory, i7 Intel processor 500 GB Samsung HD. All updates are current. I have wireless connection to Internet and Lan connection to Acorn board. I can ping the board but when I run CNC12 Mill application it says it can not find board. No firewall UAC set to none. I know the board works because I can make it work on my Desktop machine.
Haas anyone else had trouble making Acorn work on Laptop? Or on A Samsung Laptop?
Thanks
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

hello.
do the ping test.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=971&hilit=ping
triple make sure there is no firewall on or virus software present
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
mntlvr

Post by mntlvr »

cnckeith wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:50 pm hello.
do the ping test.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=971&hilit=ping
triple make sure there is no firewall on or virus software present
I have already done the ping test and it works just fine
Thanks
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

ok..great.. what happens when you start cnc12?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
mntlvr

Post by mntlvr »

mntlvr wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 pm Hi Folks. I'm having a problem communicating with my acorn board. I have a Samsung Series 7 Notebook running Windows 10 Home edition.
I installed the Acorn 4.1 software for my mill . Now my computer has 8 GB memory, i7 Intel processor 500 GB Samsung HD. All updates are current. I have wireless connection to Internet and Lan connection to Acorn board. I can ping the board but when I run CNC12 Mill application it says it can not find board. No firewall UAC set to none. I know the board works because I can make it work on my Desktop machine.
Haas anyone else had trouble making Acorn work on Laptop? Or on A Samsung Laptop?
Thanks
Well like I stated it says it can not find the board so I do not understand how I can ping the Acorn but the CNC12 can not find the Acorn
Krenovian

Post by Krenovian »

mntlvr,

With your laptop powered up and your Acorn board also powered do you have a blue LED light to the left of the Ethernet port on the Acorn board as well as a pulsing blue LED to the right of the port? Pulse is about 1x per sec. Are the green and yellow LEDs lit up at the top of the Ethernet port?

CJ
mntlvr

Post by mntlvr »

Krenovian wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 pm mntlvr,

With your laptop powered up and your Acorn board also powered do you have a blue LED light to the left of the Ethernet port on the Acorn board as well as a pulsing blue LED to the right of the port? Pulse is about 1x per sec. Are the green and yellow LEDs lit up at the top of the Ethernet port?

CJ
Yes all lights are lit that should be lit, like I mentioned I can successfully ping the Acorn board just the CNC12 software says it can not find board so it gives the message and closes.
Does it matter if my OS is Windows 10 Home and not Windows 10 Pro?
It only says in the videos on setting up Acorn you must use windows 10 does not mention whether it has to be Pro or not