Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A2001675520
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Acorn Win 10 Issue

Post by the1depot »

I had Acorn working as it should. I checked for updates etc. I worked for days no problem. Today when I went to shutdown the computer Win 10 had loaded an update. Now the control software is flaky. VCP no longer pins to the right of the control. So I Uninstalled cnc12 and made sure all the folders were gone on the C drive. Went through the win10 config video again, then reloaded the cnc12. I still have the same results the VCP is in the middle of the screen. Tried the the VCP options and was able to get it to move to the right saved the changes, but when I restart the cnc12 it is back in the middle again. Sometimes the control stops communicating with PC. Not sure what to do now.

I would appreciate any help.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Acorn Win 10 Issue

Post by cnckeith »

the update probably turned the firewall back on.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
the1depot
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A2001675520
CNC12: Yes

Re: Acorn Win 10 Issue

Post by the1depot »

Thank you for the reply.

After a Youtube Win 10 training session last night, I figured out the Issue. For some reason after the update Win 10 turned on the Tablet mode. This forces all apps into full screen mode and prevents the Acorn software from being able to snap the VCP to the right of the CNC software. I'm not sure why the control stopped communicating with the PC. It was probably my repeated opening and closing of the software trying to fix the VCP problem.

So watch out for the Tablet mode.

Thanks Again

Jim