Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269533454-0111180523
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

325 Limit Error? <resolved>

Post by RGSparber »

I've started to get error 325 when I run a small program but only when the spindle is running. Sure sounds like an unterminated input picking up noise. Yet I don't see any as I view inputs from Wizard. The manual says 325 is a "limit error". What limit is this?

Thanks in advance,

Rick
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: 325 Limit Error?

Post by martyscncgarage »

RGSparber wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm I've started to get error 325 when I run a small program but only when the spindle is running. Sure sounds like an unterminated input picking up noise. Yet I don't see any as I view inputs from Wizard. The manual says 325 is a "limit error". What limit is this?

Thanks in advance,

Rick
Is this the error Rick:
"907 # axis travel exceeded, 325 Limit: job canceled"
Where #sign equals the Axis in question?

It usually means that the G code is asking the machine to travel PAST its soft limit.
(Do you routinely F8-Graph the program before running it? If there is an error, it will tell you before you run it as CNC12 reads the whole program to graph it. I do this all the time before I run a program)
I would suggest you rehome the machine and check that your soft limits are setup correctly?

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
RGSparber
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by RGSparber »

Marty,

I never tried Graph before. Very useful! It gave no error messages.

I ran the job again and had similar results:
1. with spindle powered off, program ran without fault
2. with spindle running but cutter set above part, program ran without fault
3. with spindle running and cutter DOC 10 thou in aluminum, I got:

325 Limit: job cancelled
407 Y+ limit (#50002) tripped
340 Y+ limit (#50002) cleared
failed while on the right side of the part. Y was moving. It is odd that the job was canceled before the limit tripped and was cleared. There was no movement on the Y axis after the job was cancelled.

repeated test and got
407 Z+ limit (#50003) tripped
340 Z+ limit (#50003) cleared
325 Limit: job cancelled
and failed on the top side of the part. Z was not moving. Note that this time there were no limit messages after the job was cancelled.

Since I have an analog circuit bias, this looks to me like the stimulus is a noise problem. As the spindle motor is loaded down, it or the VFD generate more noise. So far, most of my time with CNC12 has been with the spindle off as I set up the machine. The only cut made was in PVC which is essentially no load. It could also be that some input is being monitored that is not terminated and the noise is causing it to chatter.

Not sure it is related, but most of the time when I power up the system (both Acorn and CNCPC get power at same time), CNC12 can't find Acorn although Acorn has heartbeat. I power cycle Acorn and system comes right up. It happens a lot more since the upgrade.

I think I will try running the program while watching the input monitor screen to see if any inputs are chattering.

Suggestions or insights?

Thanks,

Rick
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Rick,

Please always post a current report when requesting support. Without it, we are completely in the dark as to the cause of any issues.

The report contains,among many other things: A log of all errors reported, a log of configuration changes, a copy of the PLC program, a copy of your machine configuration - limit settings, turns ratios, counts/rev, homing type and sequence ... etc.. everything we need to answer your questions.

If it only occurs while machining, you may want to consider vibration causing the switch to chatter or loose connection to fail... When I say "chatter", I mean mechanical chatter

If you're using the recommended NC limit switch configuration, it is unlikely to be noise as the switch is closed when not tripped and always being pulled to COM. If you are using NO switches, that CAN cause noise issues because the voltage is "floating" and is one of several reasons why we strongly recommend NC switches for all inputs.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Not sure it is related, but most of the time when I power up the system (both Acorn and CNCPC get power at same time), CNC12 can't find Acorn although Acorn has heartbeat. I power cycle Acorn and system comes right up. It happens a lot more since the upgrade.
Does your PC start the Acorn on boot? If so, the PC may be starting the software before the Acorn is initialized.
I think I will try running the program while watching the input monitor screen to see if any inputs are chattering.
It's unlikely that you will see anything. The screen is update ~30 times a second, the PLC 50.
RGSparber

Post by RGSparber »

diycncscott wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am Rick,

Please always post a current report when requesting support. Without it, we are completely in the dark as to the cause of any issues.

The report contains,among many other things: A log of all errors reported, a log of configuration changes, a copy of the PLC program, a copy of your machine configuration - limit settings, turns ratios, counts/rev, homing type and sequence ... etc.. everything we need to answer your questions.

If it only occurs while machining, you may want to consider vibration causing the switch to chatter or loose connection to fail... When I say "chatter", I mean mechanical chatter

If you're using the recommended NC limit switch configuration, it is unlikely to be noise as the switch is closed when not tripped and always being pulled to COM. If you are using NO switches, that CAN cause noise issues because the voltage is "floating" and is one of several reasons why we strongly recommend NC switches for all inputs.
I'll collect and post a report ASAP. My limit switches are NC but do not go directly to the Acorn. I have a small circuit that checks for wire faults and it's output is NO. This circuit is about an inch away from the BOB inside a metal box. The BOB is connected to the acorn over a parallel port cable. I had no problems with this arrangement with Mach3 but I can see where it might upset Acorn since it is a different input circuit. I'll look into that too.

thanks!

Rick
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

RGSparber wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:02 am
diycncscott wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am Rick,

I'll collect and post a report ASAP. My limit switches are NC but do not go directly to the Acorn. I have a small circuit that checks for wire faults and it's output is NO. This circuit is about an inch away from the BOB inside a metal box. The BOB is connected to the acorn over a parallel port cable. I had no problems with this arrangement with Mach3 but I can see where it might upset Acorn since it is a different input circuit. I'll look into that too.

thanks!

Rick
Rick, Like Beevo,
Its probably time you clean up that wiring to match Acorn schematics. The DB25 should not be an issue, but auxillary circuits can be. Not sure why you would want to make circuits to check wiring faults and then send them to Acorn as NO. All that by typical standards is done in the controller. Run your NC limits either via the DB25 or better yet straight to Acorn.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
RGSparber

Post by RGSparber »

I reviewed how I handle limit switches and they are all in series and feed into Acorn as an eStop. Acorn cannot see the individual limit switches. I did not get an eStop.

My home switches are open collector and do feed directly in to the Acorn's opto isolated inputs.

This report was generated after the two faults I mentioned earlier. I did not turn off CNC12.

Sure hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rick
Attachments
report_B0D5CC39B9E5-0606170068_2018-01-12_06-17-09.zip
(157.13 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

You have limits defined:

Axis Label Motor Encoder Lash Comp. Limit Home Dir Screw
revs/in counts/rev. (inches) - + - + Rev Comp
1 X 20.0200 2000 0.0104 1 0 1 0 Y N
2 Y 20.0400 2000 0.0046 0 2 0 2 N N
3 Z 20.4400 2000 0.0003 0 3 0 3 N N

You should not define plc inputs as limits if they are not each used a limit.
RGSparber

Post by RGSparber »

I zeroed out the integers in the Limit - and + columns. Is that what I should have done?

Rick