Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Bridgeport Boss5 to Centroid Acorn retrofit

Post by martyscncgarage »

Tapburrbit wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 am And moving still forward is even better.

At this point the machine is now ready to run a Job. Monitor is mounted. The air spindle brake if fully functional along with the coolant pump and lube pump. The lube pump seems to be running constantly though when the machine is cycling a job. I'm not sure if it's running time is set for a certain duration or not yet. Also I hooked up the float switch in the Bijur lube pump to an input that I designated (lube ok) and it seems to have no effect either open or closed. I guess these two issues require me to get into the software now ? Bridgeport originally wired the power to the lube pump through the float level switch which just made it shut off if the it ran out of oil. Should I re-wire it back that way and just keep my eye on the oil level ?

I'll post some more pictures when it runs it's first job.
With respect to the Lube pump. What type of lube pump do you have? Electric? Does it have a built in timer or no? That is when its powered on does it continually pump?

Please review the All in One DC Installation Manual. Please search LUBE
How to connect the float switch (You need to read continuity across the float contacts, see if they are normally open or normally closed. As a test, you may have to pull the reservoir off so you can manually move the float switch to check this. Then again after you have wired it to Acorn COM and an Input)

How to wire the pump
How to program the pump depending on type you have is there.

I am assuming that CNC12 Lube Pump Parameters apply.
http://www.centroidcnc.com/downloads/ce ... manual.pdf
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Yes. Parameter 179 controls lube pump timing. For most Bridgeports, you want to leave it at 0. The old lubepumps have a mechanical adjustment for the stroke that is used to control the amount of lube pumped when the cam gets to the position that it pumps. It's my opinion that these old cam based timing motor setups are better than the current electronic timers. They don't lose their place through power cycling and aren't effected by the length of jobs etc..
Tapburrbit
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 429/9925 , first Boss 5 retro January 2018
5206, installed March 2022 second boss5 retro
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Tapburrbit »

Thank you guys for replying. It's the original Bijur lube pump. Model D2990 . I looked it up today and it's the TM-5 equivalent. Seems to be a cam operated plunger pump that cycle's every 27 min . So I guess I should leave it run as is . I checked parameter 179 and it is set to 0.

The float switch is working and I have confirmed it on the screen with ALT-I . Input changes from red to green as it should. but still no fault message. It must be in the PLC program somewhere. I looked through it but I'm not familiar enough with it yet.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Tapburrbit wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:12 pm Thank you guys for replying. It's the original Bijur lube pump. Model D2990 . I looked it up today and it's the TM-5 equivalent. Seems to be a cam operated plunger pump that cycle's every 27 min . So I guess I should leave it run as is . I checked parameter 179 and it is set to 0.

The float switch is working and I have confirmed it on the screen with ALT-I . Input changes from red to green as it should. but still no fault message. It must be in the PLC program somewhere. I looked through it but I'm not familiar enough with it yet.
Hey, too much lube is WAY better than NO lube!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ