Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: HERCUS Mill Retrofit

Post by Commotion »

Looks like I answered my own question. I went and changed the acceleration time from 0.3 to 0.1 and reran the program. It was running the non engagement feeds much much quicker but super jerky. I then found the smoothing tab and turned it on and dry ran the program again and bam the thing runs really well. Very fast moves and not shaking the whole machine. Even running the feedrate override at 200% it ran the non engagement feedrate of 6000mm/min fast and pretty smooth. It did error out x axis drive after a few minutes so I changed acceleration to 1.25s as a precaution but I won’t be running jobs with non-engagement feedrate of 6000mm/min nor running override at 200% so was just an experiment to find its limits. Now I know it’s not the g2/g3 moves which were slowing it down I can also use smoothing in fusion360 as well. I can’t wait to see how the next part turns out considering the nice finishes I was getting from circular interpolating internal bores with zero smoothing what so ever.

I’m constantly discovering more to this acorn and cnc12 and am amazed as how brilliant it is. I was impressed with the quality of the parts I have been able to achieve so far with what is essentially a junky manual mini mill what was converted to mini cnc mill like 20 years ago and then I have retrofitted the acorn and servos. Man what I could produce with the acorn and these ac servos on a machine with double nut ball screws and linear ways.