Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DAD429EE9-0926170118
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: error---mpu.plc

Post by cncman172 »

I would check two things. First do you see the heartbeat LED flashing. If so then the Acorn is probably not bricked. The next thing would be to uninstall the Acorn software and start over from the beginning. Follow the instructions provided by Keith or Marty and it should come up clean. Watch Marty's videos and make sure you delete all Acorn programs as well as the Virtual Control Panel. In earlier loads they were actually separate in the newer releases when you uninstall the software it takes care of both.

Russ
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: error---mpu.plc

Post by cnckeith »

please follow the update instructions. on the software download page.

basically you have run cnc12 before running the wizard, therefore mpu.plc is missing.

but please read and follow the procedure outlined in the update instructions here. http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy ... ctions.pdf

If you are Updating from a previous version of CNC12 follow the instructions below.
1.) With the Acorn board powered up and running, make screen shots (usign the Windows 10 Snipping tool. See
forum for more info on how to use the snipping tool) of your current Wizard settings and make a report from the
Utility Menu of CNC12 and save them in a folder on the desktop.
2.) Copy your existing CNCM/CNCT directories and rename them. CNCM-408 CNCT-408 (or any name)
3.) Un-install CNCM/CNCT using Windows 10 Add Remove programs
4.) Delete left over directories (CNCM/CNCT) in C:
5.) Be sure to have Acorn powered up and running with heartbeat before installing 4.10, the Wizard checks the
Acorn board version now..IF the firmware on the Acorn/BBG requires an update you will be promoted to do so by
the Wizard..the Wizard prompts you right when the Wizard starts at the end of the CNC software install process
if you need a firmware update, simply follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Below are the instructions from the Wizard that will appear.
Acorn Firmware Update Required
(If you have already updated the firmware and are seeing this message again, Check the connection between
the CNCPC and the Acorn board. See Centroid Tech Support Forum for more information on Communication.
www.centroidcncforum.com)
To update the Acorn board firmware:
1.) Exit the Wizard (this screen)
2.) Make sure Acorn is powered up, showing heartbeat and connected to CNCPC
3.) Start CNC12 which will update the Firmware. (Do not power off during firmware update) Ignore Error
messages about error opening MPU.PLC

4.) Exit CNC12 after firmware update has completed
5.) Restart the Wizard and complete the CNC control system configuration. Be Sure to press “Write Settings to
CNC control configuring” and answer YES when prompted to do so. CNC12 is now ready to run.
Follow the Acorn Installation videos on this page.
http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy ... guide.html
6.) If you are NOT prompted to perform a firmware update, proceed with CNC control configuration settings in
the Wizard as always..and be sure to press "write settings to CNC control configuration", then YES. and then
you can start CNC12 as normal.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
pulsenpal
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: error---mpu.plc << answered>>

Post by pulsenpal »

deleted cnc 12
fresh install cnc 12 4.10

booted program--all components working properly

then loaded pro license--== all ok

for historical intrest--Romi lathe Acorn will be running had cnc7 with pci slot interface board which I installed

I lost two hard drives on desktop pc with cnc 7 board--IBM does not recommend operating hard drives in temp below 52 deg F
example--today I will continue Acorn and cnc 12 installation on Romi in 32 deg F shop temp

so I purchased mpu 11 system 3 years ago mounted all components in control /power cabinet and could not get consistent
motion-- result of broken solder joint on x axis mpg --my fault---- hidden by tape

when the mpu 11 control system was offered it allowed laptop pc with Centroid software and ethernet connector to be removed from shop during freezing weather--no heat or insullation in this metal 26 foot high shed and no hassle with pci/isa slot boards

I have a unique wrinkle in this operating system which I will soon post

thx

pulsenpal