Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DAD489A3F-1215170079
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Z axis Jog while running

Post by legacytorch »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:14 pm it appears we can (with some effort)
I appreciate the effort!
inducedfabrication
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by inducedfabrication »

Black Forest wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:17 am Have a look at the Neuron THC. They have different units that will work with plasma and O/A.
http://neuroncnc.com/products/professional
I have been chatting with Andrew at Neuroncnc.com and this is what he wrote to me this morning.

Hello David!
One thing - I once again read the Acorn user manual and notice that Acorn make a pause in motion (deceleration/stop/acceleration) when M94/M95 macros execute. This is not good for plasma.
Torch will always dive to plate and hit.
We planned to use this macros for control AVC state during cutting from gcode for prevent torch diving on the corners and end of cut. Neuron has internal hardware function for prevent torch diving, but better way to turn on/off AVC from gcode.
Second - I am ask Centroid developers about constant velocity mode and still have not answer.
In my opinion Centroid develop for mill. Plasma will have a trouble (in current release without support plasma CV mode and synchronous with motion macros).
So I do not want you to be dissatisfied with how it will works - Plasma + THC + Centroid Acorn.
Please think about this.

Is centroid going to come out with somthing for the Acorn specificaly for the plasma users like a thc screenset?
Black Forest
CNC12: Yes

Post by Black Forest »

Hello David,
I have been in contact with Andrew for a long time regarding the Acorn and his THC. All his questions were answered regarding synchronous motion as in Acorn has it.

I offered to send him an Acorn if he had a table to put in on so he could test it first hand. I would like to use his THC on plamsa tables with the Acorn board as the controller but with his lack of response I tabled the use of his product.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

We do have synchronous I/O commands. It has been tested with a laser cutter running linear motors at 3000"/min + cutting heating elements for car seats. It's was so fast you could barely see it. (Not an Acorn though but synchronous I/O is the same)

M300 – Fast Synchronous I/O update
There are 32 user definable fast system integer variables that can be used to communicate with the PLC (similar to
M94 and M95), but without causing motion to decelerate to a stop* (unlike M94 and M95). The syntax is:
M300 /nn /vvv
where nn is 1-32 and vvv is a 32-bit signed integer value. The parameter nn (1-32) maps to system variables
SV_FSIO1 - SV_FSIO32. These commands work in conjunction with a PLC program that can read the SV_FSIOx
and act upon them.
Example:
M300 /21 /-1234 ; set SV_FSIO21 to integer value -1234
agsweeney1972
CNC12: Yes

Post by agsweeney1972 »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:14 pm We had a huddle on the various ways to move the Z axis while running a job (so a user can adjust a water jet or flame torch by 'eye balling' it) and it appears we can (with some effort) allow the MPG or even the Jog buttons on the VCP (which then means an xbox controller would work) to add or subtract steps to the Z axis while the job is running with Acorn and CNC12. (We are now back at working on Acorn USB MPG drivers) so its on the list of features to add for v4.12 release. We are looking for a good name for this new feature, suggestions are welcome!

and on a related note...I misspoke in a earlier post about "M0 jogging" M0 jogging does work with Acorn CNC12, i just tested it.
Keith,

What is the status of this? If this is possible please post some example config/PLC code showing us how its done.

As we discussed previously on the phone and thru email - the Acron side of the THC battle is as follows:

Wait for ARC OK after pierce before moving - (Easy enough to add to to torch fire macro - might need some logic to stop machine if you lose your cut.)

Mcode enable/disable THC (internal logic to start listening to the up/down signals from THC)

The ability to move the Z-Axis up/down from inputs while program is running.

I don't think that "allowing jogging from VCP/KB" is the right method. I think that this should be coded to physical inputs. MY reason for this is that the Keyboard/VCP jogging is tied into the INC/CONT and x1/x10/x100 which would mean you have to manually set or have the code set the mode and resolution.

I spent the better part of yesterday digging thru the CNC11 PLC manual and everything else I could find and poking at the PLC code and while I was able to assign inputs to the Z Plus/Minus for jogging I am missing how to allow this to work while the program is running.

In my email to you the other day I mentioned a few things that I will put here.

I would like to do some things like this:

Initial Height Sensing
M55 F25 (Touch off at 25IPM Feed and Set Z to 0.00 and move to 0.125 up)

Code: Select all

IF #50010                        ;Prevent lookahead from parsing past here
IF #4201 || #4202 THEN GOTO 1000 ;Skip macro if graphing or searching
N100                             ;Insert your code between N100 and N1000  
M115/Z P2 ; this is hard coded to use input #2 but would be better if we used a system variable here.
G92 Z0.0
G0 Z0.125 ; hard coded retract change me to variable passed to M55 command
N1000                            ;End of Macro
Start Torch
M57 Q0.125 P80 E0.25 L0.62

(Not complete but here is explanation)
M57 is the torch start routine.
Q0.125 (Move Z Axis to Pierce Height of 0.125)
P80 - (Set Analog Output to 80% (4096*.8=3276.8) or 8 volts and fire torch)
E0.25 (Dwell time)
L0.62 (Move to cut height)

(LEAD IN MOVE IN GCODE)

(Not complete)
Enable THC Control

(GCODE TO PROCESS PART)
(LEAD OUT MOVE IN GCODE)

(Not complete)
DisableTHC Control

(Not complete but simple to implement)
Stop Torch and Retract Z to Clearance Height
M58 Z2.0

/End of rambling on
legacytorch
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DAD489A3F-1215170079

Post by legacytorch »

I see that version 4.12 has been out for a while, but I did not see anything in the release notes addressing this issue. Any updates? I would be really happy if I could get full manual control of the Z while running the program. Not the most sophisticated, but it would work for my application.

Thanks
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

hello. we will soon have a cnc12 4.13 beta for Z axis jogging while running a job available to beta testers .
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Jr914

Post by Jr914 »

There is a THC available for plasma and oxy fuel torch it lets you made adjustments while the program is running. It use a capacitance probe system to detect the metal. The name is Agelkom CAP04 sold by CNC4PC a similar unit . I have been using this on my tables for years. ( It has been running on Mach3). You can also use it stand alone.

https://cnc4pc.com/catalogsearch/result ... ht+control

John
Makerron

Post by Makerron »

The Agelkom is theTHC I'm using. I don't use a stepper on my z axis. I use a small dc motor / driver. All i think I'm going to need from CNC12 is "torch on" and "pierce". I have the Agelkom breadboarded and am playing with it. After watching this thing work, I will never consider a voltage controlled THC. Capacitive is much simpler and actually measures the distance. Voltage doesn't.

Anyway, I am just a beginner at CNC12 so I guess I'd better get back to reading and learning.