Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Signal conditioner/isolator

Post by ScotY »

I just bought one of those isolator that Milton uses off eBay. Cost more than $20 but not too bad and cheaper than the part I was looking at earlier. Thanks, guys!
Pardonmebuthelp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 60640555D28-1109170220

Post by Pardonmebuthelp »

Hello, did this work out? I have a c6 board not being used, and I have a dc spindle motor controller that I am trying to work out as well.
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Replied in your other thread. Unfortunately, have not had a chance to try it out yet. I think it should work.
Threedj16
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19F23AFF-0213180659

Post by Threedj16 »

I hate to just jump into someone else's thread here, but I will be in this situation myself. I have a Consew CSM1000 motor and controller. It takes a 0-5v signal, but is really only usable from 1.7v to 4.8v. I have this running perfectly on my Mill using a C11G as it has VFD isolation built in (and I compensate the signal difference using a $4 Chinese signal converter to tweak the output range). But I supply the 12v for the circuit and only use the common and signal from the Consew controller. My issue is the common from the Consew is 156v above ground and don't really want to fry my new Acorn board arriving tomorrow. Several of you have mentioned the KBSI-240D and after reading through the manual, still can't find a min output. Looks cheaper than the option I am looking at below. But since I need signal isolation and signal conversion, this might be easier. Just checking for some input? Going to start my own thread for building my Emco PC Turn 55, but figured this was a closely related topic and could at least discuss this detail here. Thanks in advance for advise.

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Sh ... nput/FC-33
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

Based on the manual page posted below, I think the KBSI-240D should work. It says terminals 5 & 6 min. voltage is 0 - 5V and the onboard trim pots will easily adjust to your 1.7 - 4.8V. However, please don't commit to it until someone with real electronics knowledge gives their opinion. I have proven that I can be somewhat electronically challenged. :oops:
Attachments
KBSI 0-5V.jpg
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
Threedj16

Post by Threedj16 »

DICKEYBIRD wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 pm Based on the manual page posted below, I think the KBSI-240D should work. It says terminals 5 & 6 min. voltage is 0 - 5V and the onboard trim pots will easily adjust to your 1.7 - 4.8V. However, please don't commit to it until someone with real electronics knowledge gives their opinion. I have proven that I can be somewhat electronically challenged. :oops:
That chart shows input voltage. I need the 1.7 to 4.8v on the output or am I missing something on that chart?
DICKEYBIRD

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

Threedj16 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 pm I have a Consew CSM1000 motor and controller. It takes a 0-5v signal, but is really only usable from 1.7v to 4.8v.
Sorry, must've misunderstood what you're wanting to do.

Threedj16

Post by Threedj16 »

DICKEYBIRD wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:43 pm
Threedj16 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 pm I have a Consew CSM1000 motor and controller. It takes a 0-5v signal, but is really only usable from 1.7v to 4.8v.
No, I think you have it right, just opposite side of the box as I'm seeing it. The Acorn outputs 0-10v, see no problem with this board for that. So the 1.7 to 4.8v would be output side of box to input on my Consew controller. The chart was showing min input values to the box. I've yet to see a place in the manual that shows how low (and offset) I can do on output side.

I do appreciate the information.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Threedj16 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 am
DICKEYBIRD wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:43 pm
No, I think you have it right, just opposite side of the box as I'm seeing it. The Acorn outputs 0-10v, see no problem with this board for that. So the 1.7 to 4.8v would be output side of box to input on my Consew controller. The chart was showing min input values to the box. I've yet to see a place in the manual that shows how low (and offset) I can do on output side.

I do appreciate the information.
Tbe manual shows a min max range for both the min and Max trim pot. Seems like it will work.
KB Electronics has good support. Why don't you call them and ask your specific question.
What is the armature voltage requirement and HP of your motor? If 90VDC and less than 2hp
I would just replace the DC motor drive with one from KB Electronics with it's optional signal isolator and may be heat skink if required. Such as the KBIC-125. Clean it up and do it right if possible.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
DICKEYBIRD

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

This stuff is definitely above my electronics pay grade but here is some info that may help: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/gecko-dri ... motor.html