Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: How to set keyboard Arrows

Post by ShawnM »

Here's a question......is there a way to have the "alt-j" keyboard option enabled as a default when CNC-12 starts instead of having to hit alt-j every time? Is there a parameter or something that can be set to off or on for this? Just curious.

Thanks
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

ShawnM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am Here's a question......is there a way to have the "alt-j" keyboard option enabled as a default when CNC-12 starts instead of having to hit alt-j every time? Is there a parameter or something that can be set to off or on for this? Just curious.

Thanks
Hi Shawn,
Not to my knowledge. Are you wanting this, until you get used to the Keyboard Short Cuts?
If so, You might want to print out the couple of pages out of the Operator's Manual:
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... -v4.14.pdf
Once open, search the document for ALT-J

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ShawnM
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks for the reply Marty, I have a print out now next to my monitor showing me the keyboard jog panel, I have the screen popup disabled so it doesn't come up every time I hit alt-j. I have the jog panel image along with my customized AUX labeled button on a chart for a quick reference. I just bought a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse and can take my keyboard over to the front of my machine when I'm loading a job.

I plan to add labels to the keys on the keyboard as well for an even quicker reference. I'm sure they'll all be memorized in no time.

I was just curious as it would be one less step when CNC12 loads. Right now I hit the cycle start key to home that machine and then press ALT-J to enable the keyboard jog option at each start up.
martyscncgarage

ShawnM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:40 am Thanks for the reply Marty, I have a print out now next to my monitor showing me the keyboard jog panel, I have the screen popup disabled so it doesn't come up every time I hit alt-j. I have the jog panel image along with my customized AUX labeled button on a chart for a quick reference. I just bought a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse and can take my keyboard over to the front of my machine when I'm loading a job.

I plan to add labels to the keys on the keyboard as well for an even quicker reference. I'm sure they'll all be memorized in no time.

I was just curious as it would be one less step when CNC12 loads. Right now I hit the cycle start key to home that machine and then press ALT-J to enable the keyboard jog option at each start up.
Do you have the Virtual Control Panel on your monitor? Everything you need is really right there....
You do need a wide screen 16:9 aspect ratio monitor.
Save up for the wireless MPG!
Marty
Mesa, AZ
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:09 amDo you have the Virtual Control Panel on your monitor? Everything you need is really right there....
Marty
Yes, I have the VCP on my screen and yes everything is right there. The VCP is great and easy to use. Can’t wait until I can edit the aux buttons labels. It’s easier for me to operate my keyboard over at my machine than the mouse. I don’t need to look at the screen when using the keyboard either.

It’s not a big deal at all, I was just wondering if I could enable the keyboard automatically at each startup. Just a personal preference.

Thanks again for your help.
martyscncgarage

ShawnM wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:42 am
martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:09 amDo you have the Virtual Control Panel on your monitor? Everything you need is really right there....
Marty
Yes, I have the VCP on my screen and yes everything is right there. The VCP is great and easy to use. Can’t wait until I can edit the aux buttons labels. It’s easier for me to operate my keyboard over at my machine than the mouse. I don’t need to look at the screen when using the keyboard either.

It’s not a big deal at all, I was just wondering if I could enable the keyboard automatically at each startup. Just a personal preference.

Thanks again for your help.
You're welcome!
Love to see pictures of your machine and what you're working on.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:46 am You're welcome!
Love to see pictures of your machine and what you're working on.
Marty
I'd be glad to post some pics when I get it back together and complete. I have the front switch panel off the machine right now to replace the main power switch. This particular china machine had the e-stop button wired to the contactor that killed power to the entire machine. So I rewired that part so the e-stop triggered the Acorn only and stops everything while everything else stays powered up. I have to swap out a momentary switch to a latching one. It's been ordered and will be here Tuesday.

I've really enjoyed retrofitting this china machine with the Acorn and implementing a number of safety features and utilizing most all that the Acorn has to offer. It is a really solid machine it just needed a good controller and software and I found that with Centroid.