Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Feed rate not consistant

Post by dbunyip »

I'm using fusion 360 with centroid post. Haven't got to dig into it yet but just noticed when cutting arcs the feed rate doubles. Quick search didn't come up with anything on it but it does start to explain why the actual cut time is way less then the estimated time. Any one experience this? I'm guessing it's a post problem. It there a acorn specific or newer post version out than the stock one in fusion?

Also, when saving using it will only let me use numbers as the file name and has a warning box if I try words that it has to be numbers for a centroid post but if I resave it as a word it works just fine. Is there a way to change this in fusion?
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Feed rate not consistant

Post by cnckeith »

How about posting a copy of the program that you're having trouble with. And a report from the control. We need more information to help out.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
frijoli
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090099
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes

Post by frijoli »

dbunyip wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:01 pm I'm using fusion 360 with centroid post. Haven't got to dig into it yet but just noticed when cutting arcs the feed rate doubles.
Can you post your g Code file?
dbunyip wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:01 pm It there a acorn specific or newer post version out than the stock one in fusion?
Not related to acorn per se, Acorn just reads the G Code and performs the move. I have used the fusion 360 Centroid post for my Centroid milling machine and it does not exhibit this behavior. It is OAK based not Acorn. (odd I just noticed that reference)
If you can upload your file we can look at it.
dbunyip wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:01 pm I'm using fusion 360 with centroid post
Open the post processor in Notepad and look at the version.
Clay
near Winston-Salem, NC
unofficial ACORN fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/897054597120437/
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Post by tblough »

You might check parameters 38 (Multi axis max feedrate) and 220 (Smoothing) on both machines.

Tom
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
dbunyip

Post by dbunyip »

Here is the report, still working on a smaller post file example. The one I noticed it on is a huge file
Attachments
report_9884E398B53B-1109170246_2017-12-23_18-50-54.zip
(156.24 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

I do not know if you have found what was causing your issue or not but there is nothing in the Centroid control that would double your feedrate other than the feedrate override. Looking at your report, I do see that parameter 39 is set to 200 which means the maximum feedrate percentage for your system is 200%. If your feedrate override is set to 200%, you will be moving at twice the programmed speed. That would be throughout your entire program though, not just the arcs. Have you looked at your G-code file to see if Fusion 360 is posting a faster speed before cutting those arcs?
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..