Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: End to Acorn Introductory Pricing date is January 3rd 2018

Post by BDubs »

Just pulled the trigger...If it's as good as everyone is making it out to be I'll be getting a few more :D

The tipping point for buying now was the unlimited file size with the Pro software. Since I do a lot of 3D relief carving, the prior cap on file size was a deterrent & I don't need the probe stuff.

Cheers!
Brady Watson | IBILD Solutions | Production Consultant | HiDef 3D Laser Scanning | Vectric Custom Video Training | IBILD.com
bgriggs
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: Unknown

Post by bgriggs »

I will have to make an announcement on my Podcast of the price increase. There has been a lot of interest in the Acorn. Many may be caught by surprise by the increase.

Bill
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

bgriggs wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:36 pm I will have to make an announcement on my Podcast of the price increase. There has been a lot of interest in the Acorn. Many may be caught by surprise by the increase.

Bill
Yes, it was an introductory price for the first 4 months. There are some new improvement to the hardware. Most notably the DB25 I/O is no longer fixed, it is assignable. The connector blocks now unplug from Acorn, same as Oak and All in One DC. The two on board relays now have both NO and NC contacts brought out without changing Acorn's foot print.
New enhancements to the current release of CNC12 4.10 and the optional software features have been enhanced. http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy ... oller.html

At the end of the day Acorn and it's software is still a bargain given it's features and both the hardware and software come from Centroid and are made in the USA.

Centroid seems committed to support and future enhancements.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
bgriggs
CNC Control System Serial Number: Unknown

Post by bgriggs »

I just wanted to make certain folks knew. I had over 1500 people watch my live un-boxing video and about 1200 people have listened to the podcast so far. Judging by the number of questions I am receiving quite a few people are thinking of getting one.

Sudden price increases tick people off. And, yes it is still a great value. I just want folks to know so they can buy at the best price they can get.

Bill
martyscncgarage

bgriggs wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:58 am I just wanted to make certain folks knew. I had over 1500 people watch my live un-boxing video and about 1200 people have listened to the podcast so far. Judging by the number of questions I am receiving quite a few people are thinking of getting one.

Sudden price increases tick people off. And, yes it is still a great value. I just want folks to know so they can buy at the best price they can get.

Bill
Absolutely Bill! It's all about the timing.
Tell em to buy now! 😀
Mesa, AZ
dozerdroid

Post by dozerdroid »

Hello,

I have received my Acorn board and am waiting on an upgraded PC to arrive to begin.

I see that to install the software the PC must be connect to the acorn. Do I assume that I could run lath and mill with the same acorn board, obviously not at the same time, I have a lath/mill combo so two of the axis will be common and I'm assuming I don't need to but a second acorn board and that I can run lath in "lath mode" and run the mill in the three axis "mill mode". Thanks for any help, new to acorn.

Dozer
martyscncgarage

dozerdroid wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:23 pm Hello,

I have received my Acorn board and am waiting on an upgraded PC to arrive to begin.

I see that to install the software the PC must be connect to the acorn. Do I assume that I could run lath and mill with the same acorn board, obviously not at the same time, I have a lath/mill combo so two of the axis will be common and I'm assuming I don't need to but a second acorn board and that I can run lath in "lath mode" and run the mill in the three axis "mill mode". Thanks for any help, new to acorn.

Dozer
Hi Dozer,
I don't think that would not be practical. You would have to disconnect everything from Acorn and reconnect depending on which machine you were running. Best you buy an Acorn for each machine.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
bloomingtonmike
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0916130849

Post by bloomingtonmike »

A lathe mill combo is one machine Marty not two.

Dozer, You would assign the axis in lathe to Z and X, and when running mill those two axis would be X and Y and the headstock would be Z. I don't see why it would not work at all. You would make sure the correct limits and home switches would be setup correctly in each config so they homes in the correct order and the limits were defined correctly.

I am guessing you would want the pro software for each type associated to the one serial number - that would be a question the centroid boys could address.
Mikie in Bloomington IL
martyscncgarage

Missed the lathe mill combo...
Mesa, AZ
DocsMachine

Post by DocsMachine »

Quick question: When one upgrades to "pro", is that just an "unlock code", or is there an entirely new file that has to be downloaded and executed?

I ask because I don't have my CNC computer on my network. If I order the Pro, do I take whatever file they send me, and sneakernet it over to the CNC PC on a thumb drive, or something? Or do I need to have the computer on the network so I can download it as soon as the transactiuon goes through.

Doc.