Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Arcade joystick as pendant

Post by martyscncgarage »

I begrudingly ordered a pair of these to test with the mapping software you suggested from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4 ... UTF8&psc=1
Gamepad_.jpg
Somehow I think its sacrilege to use game pads on an industrial controller, but we have to what we have to do until Centroid finishes the MPG Pendant.
The idea is similar to yours. Use the arrow buttons on the left for X & Y axis. Then use the top and bottom buttons on the right for the Z axis. The buttons left and right could be used to select jog speed and select between continuous and incremental. Not sure about the buttons on the top right and left. But I am going to retrofit a router and will need something other than a touchscreen.

Parts should be here Monday. If it works I'll do a brief video.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
midy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by midy »

That really is good, excellent infact, because I think if i'm not wrong it means you can use an xbox or playstation contrller (which have 2 joysticks and lots of buttons) for free. Is that right???
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

midy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:24 pm That really is good, excellent infact, because I think if i'm not wrong it means you can use an xbox or playstation contrller (which have 2 joysticks and lots of buttons) for free. Is that right???
Software is $7
Official page is here: https://joytokey.net/en/
And it does imply a USB game controller is programmable. Well see on Monday evening.....
Mesa, AZ
Mmedeiros89
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19C6D47A-1109170222

Post by Mmedeiros89 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:33 pm
midy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:24 pm That really is good, excellent infact, because I think if i'm not wrong it means you can use an xbox or playstation contrller (which have 2 joysticks and lots of buttons) for free. Is that right???
Software is $7
Official page is here: https://joytokey.net/en/
And it does imply a USB game controller is programmable. Well see on Monday evening.....
That's odd it's $7. When I did a Google search, it took me to their website, and I clicked a link that sent me to cnet, and it was free.
martyscncgarage

Maybe its free and on the honor system pay the $7. If its useful, its worth more than the $7
Mesa, AZ
midy

Post by midy »

Yes it's free. Well done Mitchell- -great find and thanks for sharing.
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

I’m using an Xbox 360 controller with Rewasd mapping software. For any useful functionality, Rewasd costs $14. It works well though, and there are more than enough joysticks available on the Xbox controller. It’s nice to have options though.
Mmedeiros89
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19C6D47A-1109170222

Post by Mmedeiros89 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:22 pm I begrudingly ordered a pair of these to test with the mapping software you suggested from Amazon.
Gamepad_.jpg
Somehow I think its sacrilege to use game pads on an industrial controller, but we have to what we have to do until Centroid finishes the MPG Pendant.
The idea is similar to yours. Use the arrow buttons on the left for X & Y axis. Then use the top and bottom buttons on the right for the Z axis. The buttons left and right could be used to select jog speed and select between continuous and incremental. Not sure about the buttons on the top right and left. But I am going to retrofit a router and will need something other than a touchscreen.

Marty
I get what you mean. CNC Machining is actually my profession. I've been doing it for the past 15 years, and going from Haas, Fadal, Kitamura, and Akira Seiki machines with nice industrial controls and mpg, to a nice industrial like control/interface with an arcade joystick, kind of sucks, but like you said, we do what we have to do. Hopefully a solid mpg comes out soon enough, that'll make it feel a little less like a toy, and more like a machine. For the moment, I ended up getting one of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WXX54GJ/re ... nAbC2YDJCP

It comes with 2 joysticks and 20 buttons. I'm going to attempt to make a homemade control board that has a little more options than just 9 useable buttons.
martyscncgarage

Mmedeiros89 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:22 pm I begrudingly ordered a pair of these to test with the mapping software you suggested from Amazon.

Gamepad_.jpg

Marty
I get what you mean. CNC Machining is actually my profession. I've been doing it for the past 15 years, and going from Haas, Fadal, Kitamura, and Akira Seiki machines with nice industrial controls and mpg, to a nice industrial like control/interface with an arcade joystick, kind of sucks, but like you said, we do what we have to do. Hopefully a solid mpg comes out soon enough, that'll make it feel a little less like a toy, and more like a machine. For the moment, I ended up getting one of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WXX54GJ/re ... nAbC2YDJCP

It comes with 2 joysticks and 20 buttons. I'm going to attempt to make a homemade control board that has a little more options than just 9 useable buttons.
Cool. Keep us posted on the build. Pictures along the way.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
762x51
CNC Control System Serial Number: B0D5CC56DD75-0605170063 , 985DAD4295CF-0928170127 , 38D2694E4703-1222170401

Post by 762x51 »

Centroid is working on software for this pendant..