DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: acorn output wave form

Post by pulsenpal »

Marty
thank you for the detailed image of Acorn board with connector labels

please refer to Centroid ACORN CNC controller Specification and Use Guide
Updated 8/3/17 as cited by eng199---connector terminals /headers are not identified in any illustration

my variation in connection is to route + 5 vdc lead to terminal h4 which is designated +24 vdc
this would be substitute for the yellow 24 vdc conductor which you demonstrate in a video routed from h9

this configuration permits direct wiring to superior 2000 d6 drives in opto-isolator--pulse-direction sockets

all would register +5 vdc which has worked well for me over years using this drive series--I have 50 of them in use or on shelf

I ordered several meanwell 5/24 vdc power supplies to simplify installs

I trust Centroid but mistakes occur--case in point--when mpu 11 system was first released 10+ years ago connections were inverted on a prom chip
Scott Pratt instructed me in wiring around the issue--but the mill--a pricey Aciera F5-- could not be sold with a compromised board and to Centroid's credit--it was exchanged

I will let you know how the install goes

jackson holland--pulsenpal
eng199
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: acorn output wave form

Post by eng199 »

lease refer to Centroid ACORN CNC controller Specification and Use Guide
Updated 8/3/17 as cited by eng199---connector terminals /headers are not identified in any illustration
Thank you for the feedback, that will be updated on the next revision.
my variation in connection is to route + 5 vdc lead to terminal h4 which is designated +24 vdc
You have switched from talking about step and direction outputs to ACORN inputs. This has confused some of us. The screw terminal inputs are only 24V compatible. Operation will not be reliable at 5v, if the inputs trigger at all. After a quick review of the Superior SS2000 D6 manual, I did not see any drive outputs that would be connected to ACORN inputs. Without further clarification, I have to conclude that the ACORN input voltage is not an issue.
I trust Centroid but mistakes occur--case in point--when mpu 11 system was first released 10+ years ago connections were inverted on a prom chip Scott Pratt instructed me in wiring around the issue--but the mill--a pricey Aciera F5-- could not be sold with a compromised board and to Centroid's credit--it was exchanged
Local inputs were inverted around 8/2009 for more consistency throughout the system. As with nearly any change, some people thought it had to be done, while it caused others grief. Sorry that the change was not in your favor.