Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CNC12 for Acorn vs Centroid industrial system software

Post by ScotY »

There has been some discussion from a YouTube video Franco just published about the hobby version of CNC12 being less robust (my own words) compared to Centroid's industrial CNC software. I thought I read somewhere here that they are very similar. Perhaps this is only in function/operation rather than stability or performance?

Anyway, for my own education as it's really not that important, I'm curious to know what the Centroid people have to say.

Thanks!
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC12 for Acorn vs Centroid industrial system software

Post by martyscncgarage »

ScotY wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 am There has been some discussion from a YouTube video Franco just published about the hobby version of CNC12 being less robust (my own words) compared to Centroid's industrial CNC software. I thought I read somewhere here that they are very similar. Perhaps this is only in function/operation rather than stability or performance?

Anyway, for my own education as it's really not that important, I'm curious to know what the Centroid people have to say.

Thanks!
Same software....CNC12 is the newer version which will be released sometime next year for the Industrial Control line.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
francoCNC
CNC Control System Serial Number: B0D5CC39D321-0822170083

Post by francoCNC »

Thanks Marty - you are in the know. I think people who are used to using Mach3 find it hard to believe that something as good as Centroid CNC12 can be available to the DIY guys. I think they are afraid to make a change.

-Franco
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Quite possibly. I used Mach3 for years and for what it is, it is good software and helped start the DIY movement.
The more of us that use Acorn and post pictures and videos showing it can be done rather easily and most ecomonically, and folks like you that chime in here and share their experiences with it, the word will eventually get out.

Good to have you on board. I enjoy your videos.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

CNC12 is simply the next generation of Centroid CNC controller software. CNC12 is based on Centroid’s CNC11 software which has been in utilized on thousands of machine tools, everything from massive Vertical lathes, 5-axis CNC cylinder head machining centers to home built CNC routers and desktop engravers. CNC12 has been released for use with the Acorn CNC Controller first and is currently in beta for the Centroid Oak and Allin1DC CNC controllers. As a matter of fact, Centroid’s CNC12 v4.09 beta will be demonstrated on three of our 5-axis CNC machining centers on December 7,8, and 9th at the upcoming Performance Racing Industry show please stop by booth # 5405 and check it out yourself, I’d be glad to give you a demonstration of the CNC12 software. The Centroid A560 and A590 machines are utilizing the Oak CNC controller (the big brother to the Acorn controller) in conjunction with CNC12 v4.09 the same software available to Acorn users. The whole idea behind Acorn is to provide an Industrial Quality, Stable CNC controller to the DIY CNC control builder and by providing both the CNC Hardware and CNC Software to simplify installation, operation and future upgrades.

at the end of this Acorn Lathe video i explain a bit about this subject...
https://youtu.be/NjYaWOW1O8w

and the 5-axis machines in this video are using CNC12 beta and will be at the PRI show.
https://youtu.be/0L6xqU0KOrE

and if you are curious as to what PRI is all about here is last year's pri video.
https://youtu.be/PYdoRGUUn40

cnc12.jpg
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Thank you for the information, gentlemen. Nice to know we have a robust, professional system available to the hobbyist types like myself for an incredible price!
762x51
CNC Control System Serial Number: B0D5CC56DD75-0605170063 , 985DAD4295CF-0928170127 , 38D2694E4703-1222170401

Post by 762x51 »

ScotY wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 am There has been some discussion from a YouTube video Franco just published about the hobby version of CNC12 being less robust (my own words) compared to Centroid's industrial CNC software.
I just tried to find the video you refered to but cannot find it. Would you post a link to the video?

Orin
ScotY

Post by ScotY »