How to reverse DC drive without a reverse pin?

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: How to reverse DC drive without a reverse pin?

Post by martyscncgarage »

DICKEYBIRD wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 am ....SO, its doable, don't fret, we can make it work. My buddy Bill VanOrden has the equipment to etch PC boards, but its a slowish process. If I could have boards etched and drilled then they could be made available....
Sorry for the thread exhumation Marty but I've been thinking more & more lately about switching my lathe's KB SCR drive over to an AMC servo drive with the +/- 0 to 10V input. It's just lying there under the lathe bench whimpering "Use ME! I'll stabilize your spindle speed & maybe increase your low speed torque too!"

Is that circuit you're referring to makeable by us semi-electronically challenged people? I haven't found any commercial signal conditioners online for less than a couple bills. That's twice as much as I snagged the drive for & too much just for experimenting.
Eh, on one hand I was going to make some of them, then didn't figure it was worth the time and effort....
It could be bread boarded. We made circuit boards. There were several iterations of it.

What's wrong with your KB controller? I found they worked pretty well....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
DICKEYBIRD
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:04 pm What's wrong with your KB controller? I found they worked pretty well....
Nothing at all but there is some cyclical speed variation at low (threading) speeds that I would like to iron out. Plus, I have the AMC servo drive already and would like to try it out to learn something new.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

DICKEYBIRD wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:19 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:04 pm What's wrong with your KB controller? I found they worked pretty well....
Nothing at all but there is some cyclical speed variation at low (threading) speeds that I would like to iron out. Plus, I have the AMC servo drive already and would like to try it out to learn something new.
If I gaze into my "Crystal Ball" you will have NO such FREE time, as you will be too busy making parts for your neighbor.... 8-)
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ