How to program an aux key to home an individual axis (answered)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

DICKEYBIRD
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: How to program an aux key to home an individual axis (answered)

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

OK here's what got it working. It works great now, thanks! :D

IF #50010
IF #4201 || #4202 THEN GOTO 1000
N100
M91/X L1
M26/X
N1000

By the way Scott, I finally figured out there's no space before the axis letter because it still wouldn't work even after fixing the other stuff you pointed out. I took out the spaces & voila!

The wacky way I home my lathe is strictly due to my being self taught from scratch years ago & my method is what got me up & making parts. Home X at zero, set all tool offsets ref'd from there & home Z to the end face of the part with an opto probe. I have no limit switches, just careful setup. :shock: I've made a lot of good parts with it & my neighbor/customer needs some more soon. That's why I was wanting to to get it back to what I'm comfortable with. My almost 70 year old world is gyrating wildly enough already without changing up everything. :?

I do want to study the Centroid lathe manual & do a more conventional system later with limit switches & then learn more about machine coord's & work coord's. I'm weak in that area and it's causing me problems.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
diycncscott

Re: How to program an aux key to home an individual axis (answered)

Post by diycncscott »

Spaces are fine between the M91/92 and the /. Maybe you put a space between the / and the axis label?(that wont work)

Good news is it's working now for you so I wouldn't worry about it. (If you wanted to, you could run the command in MDI to confirm.)