Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6119
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Microkinetics driver

Post by densman »

I agree,The small lathe would be the quicker way and a good learning tool . The bonus being I can do it sitting comfortably at my desk I have set up for the Sherline mill and lathe.
Now I need to acquire a stand alone computer with windows 10. Your excellent video on building one and having good support has me thinking I can do it.
Thanks Marty
Dave
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by martyscncgarage »

An option are the Lenovo Tiny M92p computers you can find on eBay for around $200. They are nice because they use standard 2.5" SATA hard drives and can be swapped to Solid State Drives. Some times sellers sell them with WIN10 and solid state drives installed. The memory is also standard laptop memory. Even the CPUs are standard socket mounted CPUs. Occasionally also can be found with WiFi radio option installed (look for the antenna on back). They have 2.9ghz Intel I5 processors.

Of course they are used....

Couple with an ASUS VT207 touchscreen and you are into the PC with new touchscreen monitor for about $400
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ScotY
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by ScotY »

densman wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:23 am I agree,The small lathe would be the quicker way and a good learning tool . The bonus being I can do it sitting comfortably at my desk I have set up for the Sherline mill and lathe.
Now I need to acquire a stand alone computer with windows 10. Your excellent video on building one and having good support has me thinking I can do it.
Thanks Marty
Dave
I spent a little more but I "built" one of these:
https://techbuyersguru.com/500-home-off ... x-pc-build
Super easy...basically you plug a few things in, load Windows, and it's done. Btw, after I spent about $100 on a genuine copy of Windows 10, I learned you can download it for free from the Microsoft website. There are a few minor limitations (basically can't customize it to your liking) but this really doesn't affect much for a dedicated CNC machine. Even CNCKeith's PC is using Windows in this manner...you'll see a little notice in the lower right of the screen that says to activate Windows. So, you can build a nice, fast, brand new, tiny (not quite as small as a NUC) for about $400.
densman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6119

Post by densman »

Thanks for that info,that's a powerful system. I forget what member posted this link,my apologies.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074N9XBCQ/re ... 7zb25Q2GKR looks like a inexpensive way to go.
Yours and Martys way gives you a new system,I do own a couple refurbished HP sff that I have had no problems with so far.
Thanks again for sharing.
Dave
martyscncgarage

densman wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:17 pm Thanks for that info,that's a powerful system. I forget what member posted this link,my apologies.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074N9XBCQ/re ... 7zb25Q2GKR looks like a inexpensive way to go.
Yours and Martys way gives you a new system,I do own a couple refurbished HP sff that I have had no problems with so far.
Thanks again for sharing.
Dave
HP Should work if you have the space for a desktop computer.
Mesa, AZ
762x51
CNC Control System Serial Number: B0D5CC56DD75-0605170063 , 985DAD4295CF-0928170127 , 38D2694E4703-1222170401

Post by 762x51 »

You may want to consider this one - A little less expensive and meets Centroids specs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CV ... UTF8&psc=1
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

Here's what I bought: It's doing great & looks great. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex- ... Sw~uxZf6Ei Had to blow the dust out & reseat the RAM but now it it works perfectly. Got a refurb Lenovo 23" touchscreen for $119.00 w/free shipping & was amazed. To me it looked brand new. Form fitted styrofoam packing was new, heat sealed bag around it & all cables were new in bags. Maybe it fell off a truck? The seller had over 10 to sell but that was a few weeks ago, all gone now.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
martyscncgarage

DICKEYBIRD wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 pm Here's what I bought: It's doing great & looks great. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex- ... Sw~uxZf6Ei Had to blow the dust out & reseat the RAM but now it it works perfectly. Got a refurb Lenovo 23" touchscreen for $119.00 w/free shipping & was amazed. To me it looked brand new. Form fitted styrofoam packing was new, heat sealed bag around it & all cables were new in bags. Maybe it fell off a truck? The seller had over 10 to sell but that was a few weeks ago, all gone now.
Boy, nice deal Milton!
You need to share that with the group!
Marty
Mesa, AZ