Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Touchscreen Monitor deal on Ebay

Post by martyscncgarage »

ScotY wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:58 am Cool, thanks for that info! I just got my new PC up and running and I picked up an Asus touchscreen off Amazon. I made an offer but the shipping is almost a dealbreaker here...$50...OUCH!
I would suggest you reach out to the seller and ask for accurate shipping charges rather than let the ebay calculator figure them out first. You could always make an offer of his asking price BUT in the condition box, you ask him to pick up shipping charges....never hurts to ask and has worked in my favor many times before....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ScotY
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by ScotY »

Hi Marty,
As mentioned earlier, $85 is the lowest offer that would not be automatically declined. I put $40 shipping as a condition and he countered at $95 plus about $46 shipping to Hawaii. He must be selling a lot of them now and not willing to go so low. :roll:
I'm debating on what I want to do. That monitor is nice because it has speakers built in, but it doesn't have a stand and uses a power supply rather than run off AC.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

ScotY wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:04 pm Hi Marty,
As mentioned earlier, $85 is the lowest offer that would not be automatically declined. I put $40 shipping as a condition and he countered at $95 plus about $46 shipping to Hawaii. He must be selling a lot of them now and not willing to go so low. :roll:
I'm debating on what I want to do. That monitor is nice because it has speakers built in, but it doesn't have a stand and uses a power supply rather than run off AC.
Its a good deal. Your option is the ASUS Touchscreen monitors I previously mentioned.
Good luck!
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Ended up paying $90 plus $47 for shipping. That's the price we pay for living on a rock. :lol: Still less than the Asus monitor. I just got the Asus monitor and new PC up and running...coming from a 15" laptop, the monitor is huge and really quite nice.
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Got the monitor in today. The frame/exterior is made from sheet metal and it's HEAVY. No surprise why shipping was so expensive for me. No stand or base included. Will need to buy a heavy duty stand, that's for sure.

Once powered up, you're greeted with an AT&T logo. :lol: The resolution and detail is nowhere near as nice as the Asus monitor. That's not a big deal but what is an annoyance is the edge of the frame where it meets the touchscreen is a fairly big "ledge," for lack of a better way to describe it. It makes touching the screen near the edges and corners a little difficult.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I ordered it just because it was somewhat cheap. :P
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Depending on what controls the monitor has, you might be able to bring the screen in while maintaining the aspect ratio (so the screen "ends" before you get to the frame). You will need to re-calibrate the touchscreen after you do this of course.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to check once I start using it.
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Anyone pick up one of these monitors? I'm fighting with it, trying to figure out how to change the display settings. When I start CNC12, the VCP is compressed off to the side. When I try to change the display resolution, it won't accept any other settings aside from what it defaults to. :roll:
Attachments
IMG_1917.JPG
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

I had a similar problem with a non-touchscreen monitor. I accidentally pushed the "auto" button & that instantly fixed it. Perhaps yours has one or a menu option to do the same? Also it has to be a 16:9, not 4:3 or 5:4.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
ScotY

Post by ScotY »

Hi Milton,

I went through the monitor's menu without any luck. I had been trying to change the resolution in Windows and it wasn't working at first. I was trying the higher res settings. Then I googled the resolutions for a 16:9 display and tried 1280x720 and something happened! Windows (I assume) didn't like this setting and changed it to 1366x768. This was looking better but the entire screen was displaced about an inch off to the side and the touch function was not in alignment. I reboot the PC and, fortunately, that's all it took to get it back aligned.

So far, so good...I think I got it working. Sometimes the touch function, mostly a double tap to start up CNC12, is a little sluggish and I'm not sure why. I've noticed that if you tap in the exact same location, not just on the icon, it will respond better. I don't have much experience with touch screens in general but the Asus monitor seemed better. Wish I could do a direct side by side comparison but I'm too lazy to unpack the Asus again. :lol: In any case, the VCP is instantly responsive so far, so that's all that matters.

Btw, the seller is very responsive and, while he's not really familiar with the operation of the monitor, he offered to drive an hour to a friend's house (the friend bought one) to try and play with it to help me.