Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Centroid CNC PC requirements

Post by Commotion »

To get a PC for you cnc on the cheap I would suggest a used hp workstation.

That’s what I have been buying for my design computers at work and I leave them running 24/7 for months at a time before rebooting them. The PC I put centroid on is my oldest and slowest and is a hp z400 workstation with Xeon processor. It is probably 9 or 10 years old and I bought it probably 4-5 years ago. It has worked flawlessly with the only things having to be replaced in that time is hard drives. It has a w3550 cpu which is a pretty low spec cpu and even then it still scored 1356 on the single cpu score. This computer could be bought from eBay for less than 200AUD here and probably much cheaper over in the states. Only down side is because of their age they don’t have USB 3 ports.

My design PC at work is a z400 with w3690 hex core CPU with 24GB ram with the water cooling option. I have a quadro 4800 video card and it runs our massively detailed solidworks models perfectly. I think I paid about 500aud for it several years ago.

So far I have 3 z400’s and a z800 and all have worked flawlessly. I bought a z420 recently but it had a serious fault with it so I sent it back for a refund and bought a hp elite book instead.

I can only speak highly of them.