CNC Control System Serial Number: B0D5CCFD5C69-0822170084
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

need help with new cnc set up

Post by antpdrake »

hi everyone

i'm after some support,

i have an old CNC router that i am converting to a CNC plasma cutter, have upgraded the machine with an acorn board and Nema motors and drives.
i have wired it all up to the acorn "standard" schematics, atm i just have the motors and limit switches connected for testing all other inputs and outputs are set to unused.
i have a laptop hooked up and in cnc12 when i try to jog around the DRO values change but im not actually getting any movement on the table.

in the wizard i've just gone through and done the basic settings.

these are the motors i bought
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Axis-CNC-K ... 2749.l2649

if anyone could steer me in the direction of what i should be doing next would be greatly appreciated!
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: need help with new cnc set up

Post by cnckeith »

hello. i saw this point in the wrong forum so i moved it here in the Acorn forum.

Antpdrake,
please provide specific information, photos, spec sheets, install manuals etc.. on the make and model drives you are using with Acorn.

and in general for us to provide good tech support please follow these posting requests for help guidelines...

For a specific, timely answers to any questions on this forum do the following:

Include with your question:

1.) Attach a current “report.zip” file. The report.zip file contains error message logs, change logs, cnc configuration settings and plc program information. The Acorn CNC controller can be configured in an unlimited number of ways. Without this report.zip file we have no idea how you have yours configured. So, without a Report.zip file asking a quesiton without providing us this information is asking us to guess at what is going on. Without a Report.zip file, it drags out the time it takes to get to resolution. So, please take 25 seconds and create and attach a report.zip file to your forum posts and we will all be happier. If you don’t know what a report.zip file is, see this video here. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=943 and always post a Current report (not one from three weeks ago!)

2.) List of the components connected to the Acorn board.. what drives, motors, switches etc. are being used. Attach the system schematic being followed (or the one you created yourself) that shows these connections. Add photos of these components and the Acorn board installation. Use any one of the free online photo album services and post a comprehensive set of photos documenting your project and include it with your question so we can see what you are doing. Picture is worth a thousand words.

3.) Post a description of the type of machine tool and photos of the Machine Tool and all its cnc controlled accessories.

4.) Post Photos or screen shots made with the Windows “snipping tool” or cell phone showing software messages or whatever you have a specific question about.

5.) Post the CNCPC specs, cpu, ram, hd, OS, Touch Screen used and description of any other method of operator control being used
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Here is a manual for his stepper drivers:
http://www.thanksbuyer.com/download/TB6600.pdf

It appears to me that the stepper driver expects the CNC controller (Acorn) to SUPPLY the control voltage to the driver, instead of the driver being supplied the control voltage and the CNC controller taking it to ground. (See page 3)

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
762x51
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: B0D5CC56DD75-0605170063 , 985DAD4295CF-0928170127 , 38D2694E4703-1222170401
CNC11: No

Post by 762x51 »

I looked at the PDF file and it looks to me that you would tie the positive PUL, DIR, and ENA on the driver to +5 VDC and the negative PUL, DIR, and ENA terminals on the driver to the ACORN just as shown in the Leadshine conection drawing S14851.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

yep..use the leadshine schematic for this one. see attached.
Attachments
S14851-ACORN CONNECTIONS TO LEADSHINE DM SERIES DRIVE.pdf
(62.26 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
antpdrake

Post by antpdrake »

ok so now ive got some pics of the system, head to "http://tinypic.com/m/k2ehhj/4" and i think you should be able to find my album "plasma" and they are all there along with the wiring diagram i have followed.

i have also attached a copy of the system report.

there is no plasma cutter or anything hooked up at this stage as im just trying to get everything to move before i go any further.

so as i said before, open up cnc mill 12 set machine home and then when i go to jog around the DRO on screen changes accordingly but no actual movement on the cnc table.

thanks!
Attachments
report_B0D5CCFD5C69-0822170084_2017-10-23_10-14-39.zip
(131.49 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

See the message from Keith before yours. You needed to follow drawing for Leadshine, S14851. He provided a link to it. Your drawing is the generic drawing and won't work with your drives. You will need a 5VDC power supply. Study the suggested drawing and let us know if you understand it ok.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
antpdrake

Post by antpdrake »

yeah i saw that after!

so i have changed it now to suit the leadshine diagram, but when i set the acorn board up in the wizard which schematic option do i choose as "leadshine" isnt an option?
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

please update to the latest version of CNC12 software. here is the download page with instructional video. the Leadshine radio button has been added in 4.08 to the wizard. run the wizard select leadshine and press 'write settings to CNC control configuration' then start cnc12.
http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy ... loads.html
astropixel
CNC11: No

Post by astropixel »

I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I just came across it by searching for my drivers, TB6600. I figure they'll work for now, but may not be my long term solution. We'll see.

So, I'm just starting to bench test things today and couldn't figure out why the motor didn't spin. I thought I'd done everything right. :cry:
I rechecked and found I hadn't installed the external jumper wire from +24V to the switch pullup, so the NC setting for the E-Stop tripped every time I turned on. After fixing that, the E-Stop worked, but the motor still wouldn't turn. :?

After reading the posts above, I went back to the Configuration Wizard and checked the other tabs. I realized I hadn't looked at the DB25 Signal Mapping page.
That was IT for me. At least with the current "Custom Leadshine" setup selected, you've got to go to the DB25 page and set "Header Selection" to "Screw Terminal". It was set to "DB25 Port" in my setup. I toggled between the two selections several times to make sure this was the only change that made mine work or not, and it was. :) ... baby steps....