Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: System ID 985DAD489F1F-0823170094
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Virtual Panel (resolved)

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Hi Keith I managed to get hold of the board and after having a shortish struggle with an old smooth stepper connection which I thought I had dealt with I managed to get the thing to boot up but I am having some trouble with the virtual panel. It is on windows side panel but when I press that it just saying it is already running but I don't know where also when I try to unlock the licence I do what is required but it still shows Acorn free.
Am I best deleting all and starting again as I had a fraught start with the ethernet playing up. Sorry for the list of problems.
Regards Bob.
DICKEYBIRD
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Re: Virtual Panel

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

Hey Bob, make sure you're using a 16:9 A.R. monitor & not an old-school 4:3. The VCP may be there, just displaying off to the right...in space. Don't ask how I know that! :oops:
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Bob Huntbach wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:53 am Hi Keith I managed to get hold of the board and after having a shortish struggle with an old smooth stepper connection which I thought I had dealt with I managed to get the thing to boot up but I am having some trouble with the virtual panel. It is on windows side panel but when I press that it just saying it is already running but I don't know where also when I try to unlock the licence I do what is required but it still shows Acorn free.
Am I best deleting all and starting again as I had a fraught start with the ethernet playing up. Sorry for the list of problems.
Regards Bob.
Bob, is your monitor a widescreen touch screen or a regular "square" display monitor.
Take a picture of your display and upload it.
You use the utility menu to install your license.
There is a post about it on the forum
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Bob Huntbach

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Thanks for that but I have had it showing normally but I must have done something stupid I can't help thinking it was the struggle with the ethernet so I suppose a fresh install will be my friend. I'll hang on a while to see what else pops up and then try to remove all the old stuff and then try afresh.
I just spotted your reply Marty thanks it is a brand new 21.5 Diagonal Touch screen
Regards Bob.
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

VCP already running message typically appears if you closed cnc12 and restarted it within 60 seconds. the VCP needs more time to shut down.
commonly triggered by starting CNC12 when the Acorn board is not powered. Then user tries again with Acorn powered up and the message about VCP already running appears.

if you restart cnc12 without letting vcp shut down (60 seconds) properly, it issues this message letting you know that VCP is still running. you are effectively trying to open vcp while it is still running trying to shut down.

solution. after shutting down cnc12, wait 60 seconds before restart. if that doesn't do it, go into windows task manager and see if VCP is listed and shut it down manually and or reboot PC as you may have got it tripped up by clicking on the CNC12 icon repeatably.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Bob Huntbach

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Please don't ask me but everything seems to be working normally except from the fact that when I restart the program I don't seem to get the recycle E Stop message. I've followed the routine for the licence unlock several times and it still shows Acorn free but I seem to get 200 tools as opposed to 10 but I also get the scales are not unlocked whatever they are so all in all a reasonable start.
Regards Bob.
Bob Huntbach

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Sorry about not checking for a reply Keith but it seems to be just a few little niggles that I am sure we can fix quickly.
regards Bob.
Bob Huntbach

Re: Virtual Panel (resolved)

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Just to update my progress I have got the panel working and the E stop is cycling properly but I can't get to the pro licence I follow the instructions as shown and getting system unlocks but no change.
I've just notice that system ID and licence is slightly different.
System ID 985DAD489FIF-0823170094 and the licence ends in 0093
Regards Bob.
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Bob Huntbach wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm Just to update my progress I have got the panel working and the E stop is cycling properly but I can't get to the pro licence I follow the instructions as shown and getting system unlocks but no change.
I've just notice that system ID and licence is slightly different.
System ID 985DAD489FIF-0823170094 and the licence ends in 0093
Regards Bob.
Just a thought, you use the Utility and point it to the file (unedited as sent) to you?
Create a report and post it here Bob. (Utilities Menu)

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Bob Huntbach

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Not sure if I should start a new thread as I am still having problems unfortunately and they seem to be possibly corrupted files as I was getting most thing as an E stop that was recycling and even got movement on the MX4660 but now for some reasons I have lost some of the options such as graphs.
I will not be able to do anything until Thursday as I have to work to pay for this hobby and if there is no other suggestions I will try to file a report then and maybe a clearout of the files plus Defender is off.
Sorry for the chaotic attempt at what should be a simple job but computers are really not for me.
Best Regards Bob.