Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Virtual Panel (resolved)

Post by martyscncgarage »

Bob Huntbach wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm Not sure if I should start a new thread as I am still having problems unfortunately and they seem to be possibly corrupted files as I was getting most thing as an E stop that was recycling and even got movement on the MX4660 but now for some reasons I have lost some of the options such as graphs.
I will not be able to do anything until Thursday as I have to work to pay for this hobby and if there is no other suggestions I will try to file a report then and maybe a clearout of the files plus Defender is off.
Sorry for the chaotic attempt at what should be a simple job but computers are really not for me.
Best Regards Bob.
Is the MX4660 a copy of the Geckodrive G540?
Still suggest you post a REPORT file. Create it from the Utility Menu.

Can you shoot a little video of what's going on and upload it to YouTube.

Can't quite comprehend what your issue is.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Bob,
i can help you out, please install teamviewer and pm me the ID and pass. here is how. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=973
would be great to have speakers and a mic connected to the cncpc for the teamviwer session a USB headset is the easiest way to accomplish that.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Bob Huntbach
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: System ID 985DAD489F1F-0823170094
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Thanks Keith and everyone I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow but i will link up with the team viewer then.
Most of my problems would seem to appear like a corrupted file such as lack of response when I try to activate the e stop button and some missing options although it seemed to be working reasonably at one point. Yes the MX4660 is I would say is a similar one stop option? to the Gecko.
Regards and thanks Bob.
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

It looks like the wrong unlock file was sent. I will get the correct one sent out this morning.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Bob Huntbach
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: System ID 985DAD489F1F-0823170094
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Bob Huntbach »

Great news at last after some brilliant help from Keith who helped to curb my stupidity I now have a better understanding of my setup. I have ordered a control box to bring everything together in the one box but I already have made a start on the wiring and getting positive results. So I can only look forward finish the job and then I will be back with some proper questions.
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Bob Huntbach wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:43 am Great news at last after some brilliant help from Keith who helped to curb my stupidity I now have a better understanding of my setup. I have ordered a control box to bring everything together in the one box but I already have made a start on the wiring and getting positive results. So I can only look forward finish the job and then I will be back with some proper questions.
Its not "stupidity" its a learning curve. Much depends on your background and previous experience, but even then, when you come across something new, it takes a little time to learn. Could anything have been done better to have helped you or do you feel it was your part or a little of both?

Can you please share with us what the issue was? Your experience can help someone else.
Don't forget to post pictures of your machine! Maybe a little video of it running and shot of the control. Inspiration! :D

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ