Which version Windows 10 to use (resolved, Windows region issue)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Fredsan
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Which version Windows 10 to use (resolved, Windows region issue)

Post by Fredsan »

Which version of Windows 10 should I use voor cnc12 and which version of .net?

The latest win10 version does not allow to switch off win defender.
After installation the wizard does not start. I double/tripple checked the install video, and I made all the settings, except for win defender. The IP settings are correct, I can ping the acorn board, I can start the controll app, but the wizard does not start.

I use the recommended IntelNuc with a new windows 10 pro 64 bits installation.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Which version Windows 10 to use

Post by cnckeith »

CNC 12 will run with Defender running.
Any version of Windows 10 will work with CNC 12 software, the wizard, and the vcp. turning off the defender is simply a debug step just to verify that that is not the issue if you can't connect to the acorn board. Not a requirement. Proper exceptions have to be made in the Windows Firewall and Defender to allow the centroid programs to run just like any other piece of software that uses an Ethernet or USB port. The centroid installer will configure the firewall exceptions automatically. You can also open it up and verify that they proper exceptions have been made both "public" and "private" have to be checked as pointed out in the installation video.

If you like, you can set up TeamViewer on the cncPC, you'll find a video on the forum that'll explains how to setup and use TeamViewer and then private message me the ID and password and a time that you'll be ready and I'll be glad to remote in and help you get things set up.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Fredsan

Post by Fredsan »

After some additional troubleshooting I found some errors in the Eventviewer. It seems the wizard starts but stops due to an error before it can show a screen. The communication to the Acorn board works, because I can start cnc12 software.

Attached the errors I found in the Eventviewer.

I will setup a teamviewer session when I am at the PC later today and PM the details. (I am in the European timezone CEST)
Attachments
Error-2.JPG
Error-1.JPG
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Fredsan,

As Fredsan determined, the problem was related to changing the language (also referred to as "culture") in Windows. Even though he had been in English, he selected the European numeric format (comma's in place of decimal points etc..) which caused the problems.

For now, please leave language/culture/numeric format in American English in order to prevent these types of problems from arising. In the future, we will investigate what needs to be done in order to be compatible with the European "culture"/numeric format.

Thanks for your efforts Fredsan.
Fredsan

Re: Which version Windows 10 to use (resolved)

Post by Fredsan »

YES :D it solved the issue.

I checked everything on the PC, but did not think about regional settings.

Thanks for the fast and perfect support.