CNC Control System Serial Number: 1218120647
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Wizard data disappearing

Post by Exhibitology »

Greetings,

I'm having a problem with CNC12 Acorn Router V5.08. It is similar to a problem I had with the previous version which was V4.8.

With V5.08, the Wizard page for Axis Squaring resets and loses my settings. It first happened last week. All my macros were off. Once I discovered that the Axis Squaring page was blanked out. I re-entered all the settings, saved the Wizard, shut down CNC12, and restarted. I cut a file for 3 hours. This morning, when I restarted CNC12, I thought to check the axis Squaring Settings. They were blanked out again.

The reason I though to check first was because I had a similar problem with V4.8. The problem then was the Homing and Travel screen would erase all my settings. This happened at least a dozen times. I just assumed it was something that would get fixed in a subsequent version. Like the screen scramble you'd get when you qualified a tool offset. After touch off but before saving, the screen was a pixelated mess. Both were fixed in V5.08.

So now the data blanking problem seems to be happening with the Wizard page Axis Squaring.

Has anyone else experienced this data lose inside the Wizard?

I've attached a report with the blanked Axis Squaring page and one with the page as it should be.
Attachments
report_0035FF6335CA-0503191973_2024-04-15_06-29-01.zip
(854.74 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
report_0035FF6335CA-0503191973_2024-04-15_06-32-32.zip
(857.44 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Wizard data disappearing

Post by ShawnM »

With 4.82 (and other previous versions) if the automatic axis pairing and squaring failed during the process the software would leave the travel limits at zero. This was because the software would have to set them to zero to preform the process of squaring the table. Once the axis pairing and squaring completed it would rest your travel limits in the wizard back to what they were. Again, if this pairing and squaring failed for any reason it would leave these settings at zero. This was normal and expected and means there's an issue with your setup as the process should not fail.

When you home your machine at startup does the axis pairing and squaring procedure WORK PERFECTLY EVERYTIME and the machine homes?

I have not tried to intentionally fail my axis pairing and squaring when homing the machine with 5.08 to know if it's still that way or if it resets any other settings in the wizard. I can test it later today when I turn the machine on and let you know.
Exhibitology
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1218120647

Post by Exhibitology »

It worked perfectly for at least 2 years. I suspect that there was a homing failure as you say. I don't remember anything specifically.

If I start homing and stop it in the middle, would that cause it to zero out? I suspect not. I've done this more than a few times. If the gantry is on the far end of the table, I'll start homing to enable the servo drives, stop it, move the axis closer to home, and restart homing.

Zeroing out axis pairing hasn't happened again. I always check now.

Thanks for the feedback.
eman5oh
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20D77883F936-0629237375
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by eman5oh »

Exhibitology wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:27 am Greetings,

I'm having a problem with CNC12 Acorn Router V5.08. It is similar to a problem I had with the previous version which was V4.8.

With V5.08, the Wizard page for Axis Squaring resets and loses my settings. It first happened last week. All my macros were off. Once I discovered that the Axis Squaring page was blanked out. I re-entered all the settings, saved the Wizard, shut down CNC12, and restarted. I cut a file for 3 hours. This morning, when I restarted CNC12, I thought to check the axis Squaring Settings. They were blanked out again.

The reason I though to check first was because I had a similar problem with V4.8. The problem then was the Homing and Travel screen would erase all my settings. This happened at least a dozen times. I just assumed it was something that would get fixed in a subsequent version. Like the screen scramble you'd get when you qualified a tool offset. After touch off but before saving, the screen was a pixelated mess. Both were fixed in V5.08.

So now the data blanking problem seems to be happening with the Wizard page Axis Squaring.

I've attached a report with the blanked Axis Squaring page and one with the page as it should be.
I have had a similar issue with 5.08 wizard wiping my axis pairing an squaring settings, not the limits but the linking and squaring part. I found it would happen after checking the box for using a custom cmc.hom and then making some other change in the wizard. I went home machine and only one of the y motors moved pulling the machine way out of square and faulting a drive. I am now super careful when making changes with the wizard. I don't know if this is expected behavior or bug.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by cnckeith »

eman5oh wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 pm
Exhibitology wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:27 am Greetings,

I have had a similar issue with 5.08 wizard wiping my axis pairing an squaring settings, not the limits but the linking and squaring part. I found it would happen after checking the box for using a custom cmc.hom and then making some other change in the wizard. I went home machine and only one of the y motors moved pulling the machine way out of square and faulting a drive. I am now super careful when making changes with the wizard. I don't know if this is expected behavior or bug.
5.1 is available, there have been updates to the Wizard in v5.1
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html