Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Is this correct?

Post by Terry1956 »

Hi all. Today was the first time I powered up the a corn board with the stepper drivers etc. I don't know if it was the light being low or not, but all the red LEDs came on, once power was connected. I am using the extension board DB25. 5v power to the acorn board and the stepper drivers is from the centroid supplied power supply. A second unit is providing power for the motor side of stepper driver. The blue led light was flashing so the board was talking to the pc. I turned off the power fast, as I am unsure about the red LEDs. Can any one inform me if the red LEDs should be on. If not why are they coming on. Thanks
dpascucci_support
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Re: Is this correct?

Post by dpascucci_support »

Yes, the red LED's turning on when powering up the Acorn are normal. The 8 LEDs near H4 & H1 (inputs), H2 & H3 (Enable signals on Open-collector drive terminals), and H10 (outputs) should all light up red.
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Re: Is this correct?

Post by centroid467 »

As a quick test to make sure the inputs are working correctly, you may short one of the input channels on H1 or H4 to a COM terminal on H9. The corresponding LED will change to green. Of course, you will need to supply 24V DC to the COM terminal on H1 or H4 for this to do anything.