**RESOLVED** Software update problems

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

shepherd_cfdrc

**RESOLVED** Software update problems

Post by shepherd_cfdrc »

I've been interacting with you guys through email about a brake and speed control issue. I was informed that I needed to update my software and install a new PLC file. I got the PLC file downloaded just fine after I got the password from you guys, but when I go to download the CNC11 software update, I get an error message that says that the website cannot be found. I think this link is broken in your forum. All other links that I've tried worked.

I've tried to call you guys and I get nothing. Every email that I've sent since last Friday has been returned to me with an error saying that it is undeliverable. I need some help immediately to get this machine going. We need it running this week. Please, fix the link or email me the software update at jps@cfdrc.com.

I'd call your $50/ hour tech support line, but I refuse to pay for support for a product that does not work when installed according to the documentation that was sent with it (i.e. needing an update for the brake and speed control). I'd like to think that you guys are just swamped with the improvments that your making to the documentation and just haven't had time to respond to support questions. I'm willing to extend the benefit of the doubt, but I'm having a hard time explaining to the facility manager why I spent so much money on a system that didn't include the proper software to run right out of the box. Please help me get this thing running this week, or I seriously doubt I'll be able to get authorization to purchase this system for our next upgrade. It sounds like it runs great when it's finally up and running, but I just need to get it there.
shepherd_cfdrc

Re: Software update problems

Post by shepherd_cfdrc »

Thanks for fixing the link. I've got it installed and we're running our first G-code now. Everything seems to be working fine.