countryguy
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

DP-4 on older 98 Haas?

Post by countryguy »

Hi.... Our DC-AIO Supermax is getting a big cousin. a 1998 Haas VF/4. Well Used, but with enough life left for my Son and I. What we've learned is the older Haas systems do not take Probes too well w/o a lot of work w/ Macro's and some special hook-ups. (renishaw, etc). While I do see a lot of that material on the web, I thought I would ask about your DP-4 and wondered if that device can be used? This haas does have Macros enabled. Would be nice to be able to use on both machines.
Thanks.
countryguy
DC3IOB: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

also... DP-7? : DP-4 on older 98 Haas?

Post by countryguy »

I see some text about the DP-7 also? not sure which is which? No text I could locate on DP-7,but it is mentioned in a few places.

Good luck w/ the Acorn units guys! Love the new pages and all the cool looking tech coming out.
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: DP-4 on older 98 Haas?

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Theoretically any control that supports a probe input (please see page 15 of the DP-4 Manual for a 3rd party hookup schematic) can use the DP-4. Just because a control supports a probe however does not mean it has anything comparable to what is on a Centroid for probing cycles. You would have to check that control manufactures manual for specifics on what you can do with a probe on that system. The difference between the DP-4 and DP-7, is accuracy at extremely long stylus lengths. For almost all general machining the DP-4 would be sufficient.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)