Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50115
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Alarm 405 Low Lubricant won't clear

Post by Tearsa »

Hi,
I have been plagued by this 405 Low Lube alarm. I put in the proper oil to the top.
I pull up on the plunger until oil runs out in excess. Sometimes the alarm goes away
temporarily then won't clear at all. Seems like there may be a parameter I could
change or perhaps a jumper on the DC310? Took off cover on lube unit wiring, but no visible problem.
Sure would like to at least quiet it while trying to get machine to where it will home.
Any leads are appreciated.

Dana Orlando, FL

Bridgeport Series 1 Boss
Converted to Ajax in 2005
DC310 CNC10 V 1.27
System ID: 1011051053
Tearsa

Re: Alarm 405 Low Lubricant won't clear

Post by Tearsa »

So is this a float switch? Four wires...  Two for power, two for logic signal ? I am guessing.  Not sure how to test or replace this.
So is this a float switch? Four wires... Two for power, two for logic signal ? I am guessing. Not sure how to test or replace this.
One shot Lube unit with float switch as I understand it.
One shot Lube unit with float switch as I understand it.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The device in your upper picture is a motor, and only a motor.

If there are only four wires to be found, and all four of them go into the motor, then your lube unit does not have a float switch. Some don't.

What, if anything, do you have have connected to INP18 on your DC3IO unit? That would be terminal 4 (counted from the bottom) of header H13 (the upper of the two 12-position Phoenix plugs on the lower half of the left edge of the board).

What value do you have in Machine Parameter 178?
Tearsa

Post by Tearsa »

IMG_20170110_111543.jpg
The motor has three wires. Yellow, blue, and red. Additionally, there are two reddish wires going down a hole next to the motor. So three wires for the motor. The two wires that would seem to be a low level switch are connected to INP18 and the common right next to it. So my new question is where should the red wire from the motor (oil pump) be connected? Also, the parameter 178 is all zeros. Thank you for that help!
Attachments
IMG_20170110_111623.jpg
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

It could be that the two red wires are for the fault signal. It should be a contact closure type of signal. That means that you should be able to place a meter on those signals and measure continuity or resistance between those signals when the reservoir is full and when it's empty. If parameter 178 is set to 0, it most likely means that the Centroid control is looking for a Normally Closed signal which means that there should be 0 resistance or a "short" circuit between the two red wires when the reservoir is full and should have extremely high resistance or an "open" circuit between the two red wires when the reservoir is empty. If it behaves in the opposite manner to what I described above, then the value of parameter 178 should be set to 1 but I doubt that's the issue especially if this machine has been running OK with this control prior to now. If you don't see 0 resistance in either condition of the reservoir, then it means that there is either an issue with the switch or the cabling.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Tearsa

Post by Tearsa »

Normally Closed I agree. I have a drawing here that states NC.
I measure zero resistance across the switch reservoir full. I disconnected one
leg from the wiring connection and still get zero. So far I have removed about 1/2 the oil with zero resistance.

Last year I was trying to get this going. I had tried to power the machine using a rotary phase converter. I discovered at one point that I had not correctly placed the "generated leg" of the three phases where it was recommended on the installation manual. At that point I was afraid I was over my head and might hurt something. I found a CNC service guy in Lakeland (almost two hours away). He wanted $300 up front Plus whatever and had no plc experience. I don't have deep pockets so I have been trying to cautiously do what I dare. I was a CNC programmer/operator much of my life for others since 1979 and usually just assisted the service guys.
I ran this machine successfully back in 2007 for most of a year on regular three phase, then stored it.
I sure appreciate the help. It seems I get the 405 almost constantly. When it cleared a couple times I get axis limit errors. Have not gotten it to home. Sure want to. Thanks again for any help. Dana
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

If you have a float switch, try moving the float switch from one side to the other to verify that you are no longer measuring 0 ohms between those wires. If you do, then it means that the switch is working correctly. At that point, verify that there isn't a break between the switch and the input on the DC3IO. If that's OK, then measure the voltage at the input on the DC3IO to verify that your voltage is switching between the two states. If that is working OK, then it could be an issue with the DC3IO. Depending on the software version that you are running, you can try pressing ALT+I from the main screen to see the PLC Diagnostic menu. You should see 3 or 4 rows of red and green circles. The top row are your inputs. There should be a white box around input 1 and there should be a description stating that it's the X- limit switch. You can use the arrow keys to scroll the box onto the low lube input, which should be input 18. If the software version is older then you may need to press F7(Utility)->F6(PLC Diag) from the main screen. Verify that the input is changing state in the PLC Diagnostic menu when the switch is in the different state. If it doesn't, then there is most likely an issue with the DC3IO.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..