Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0329160186
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Encoder problem

Post by danny »

Hi i am currently doing a fanuc retrofit with the oak board and ran in a problem when i start up the LED on the oak its showing error 4 and on the the screen its showing a message 412 x axis(1) encoder biss offline for all 3 axis and in the pid the encoder abs position its not updating.
i checked the cables seems good but from the acdc drives there is no 5v coming out .

Thanks
Centroid_Liviu
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Encoder problem

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

As long as the number on any of the 7-segment displays is solid, it means that the number that is displayed is the drive number for that axis or the first axis of that component when dealing with an OAK or ALLIN1DC boards. That is normal as your system, has 3 AC/DC-60s in it. If you are seeing the Encoder Biss Offline message, it means that the AC/DC-60 does not recognize that an encoder is connected. Please check the encoders and the cabling.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
danny
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0329160186
DC3IOB: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by danny »

i checked the cables all seems good but im not finding the 5v out from the drives
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

All encoders must be connected before power up. If an encoder is connected after the ACDC is powered up, it will not be detected.