kck63
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Ajax Mach 3 question

Post by kck63 »

I am almost finished setting up an Ajax Allin1DC with Mach 3 control. I need to know will I have to set everything in the Mach 3 now or will it automatically get all the information from the Ajax. How does this work :?:
diycncscott

Re: Ajax Mach 3 question

Post by diycncscott »

I'm not sure I'm following your question. When you say "almost finished setting up an Ajax Allin1DC with Mach 3 control", do you mean that you're finishing up the wiring but haven't started software setup?

If you have been following the ALLIN1DC Mach install manual, continue following it. If you have not been following it, you should. The install manual includes the software and axis setup in instructions in Mach.

You may be referring to suggestions to setup the axes and software in CNC11 and then transfer those to Mach. That is a VERY good idea as CNC11 has far more advanced and easy to use I/O monitoring, feedback and tuning capabilities than Mach offers. While there is no automated way of transferring the setup data, it is very easy and can be accomplished in less than 5 minutes. I usually just take a screen shot of the tuning screen, open the screen shot in paint, and then type them into Mach.

That said, the EASIEST way to do all this is, after you've completed the electrical and software install, download teamviewer from http://www.teamviewer.com and install it. Once it's running, call us with the Teamviewer ID and pw and we can log on remotely and do the whole thing in 15-30 minutes.

Regards

Scott